Tossed out of the District Convention! What did I do wrong? I exist!!

by Terry 122 Replies latest jw friends

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

How quickly did your feelings of nostalgia fly out the window, Terry ? Did they seem to be jet propelled ? I'd imagine you were reminded of why you left in the first place... and quite quickly I might add !

Before attending the convention you mentioned that it might be "interesting".You were right ! Here's something else we can all think about too.When a person is trained to perform a specific task, like a soldier for instance, it is done through repetition.Performed again and again.The reason this is done is that, if and when, one reaches the lowest common denominator of barely being able to function-- they will still be able to function on "autopilot" or a subconscious level and carry out the objective.Some call this "instinct".

When these Witnesses acted the way they did, they went into "autopilot"mode.No thinking was necessary.How they had been trained, the feelings with which they had been instilled, took over.Fear,Intimidation,Control,Hurt Feelings,and sadly, yes, even hatred at times, begin to take over.You didn't deserve to be treated this way, but you were.This is the sad legacy of this organization.

• startingover
    startingover

Terry,

You could really turn the tables on that lady. Email her and tell her you went because you were having a change of heart after your conversation, but now that has changed because of the way you were treated. You could really lay a guilt trip on her.

About those videos, seeing the JW's in action and the condescending way they treat you, it would be hard not to lay an "f" word on em, especially if you knew the person and they are doing the righteous act.

• Terry
    Terry

I felt like Bruce Willis in Sixth Sense when he realized he was dead but could still interact with the living!

A very disorienting existentialist rugpull!

They are alive and we are dead.

Tsk tsk tsk.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Terry wrote: "There isn't a win in it anywhere!!"

That's right. So here's a suggestion: next district convention -- don't go.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I slunk off like a hobo chased from a boxcar.

Turned tail and skeedaddled, I did.

Ah, beta male moments. I've had many. They suck.

• JK666
    JK666

Terry,

I would have replied:

Hell, I have been kicked out of a lot better places than this shithole.

JK

• PEC
    PEC

I am sure you have JK.

Philip

• Terry
    Terry

I just watched that video!

That's the guy I DIDN'T WANNA BE.

In a situation like that you implode if you fight back and it makes YOU look like the pouty jerk.

The calm persons always win.

But--I'll tell you something....it sure doesn't FEEL LIKE A WIN.

The big kids have the ball and they won't let you play. Bully boys.

It brings out a dynamic psychologically that isn't pretty at all---especially if you were bullied as a kid.

Ahhhhhh carumba.

• Layla33
    Layla33

Terry,

Bravo for going there and handling it the way you did. You did the right thing, making a big noise would have just vindicated them in some sick way.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

If it makes you feel better, leaving was definitely the right thing to do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit