Tossed out of the District Convention! What did I do wrong? I exist!!

by Terry 122 Replies latest jw friends

• fifi40
    fifi40

Terry

You and I dont always see eye to eye but during my time on this board you have struck me as very genuine guy, you are passionate about what you are passionate about, you shout it from the rooftops and people listen. And it also obvious that you have a heart as big as a 'freakin' mountain.

With that in mind please stop beating on yourself over people who are misguided, controlled and beyond being reached at this moment.

You are lovely so just get on with being the big, loud, lovely, opinionated guy who makes some sit up and think........(though not always agree)

Fi

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic
    you are passionate about what you are passionate about

Can you be ‘unpassionate’ about what you are passionate about…..??

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i got chucked out of a wedding..

i had arrived early to get a seat at the back in a corner out of the way..because it would be more obtrusive to do the df thing and come in during the song cos thats when the bride and her entourage are entering.

you are right..it is humiliating and bewildering. i left as calmly as i could in a highly emotional state.

and i was not apostate and i was attending all the meetings

about 6 months later when i applied for reinstatement i was told that i had behaved in a manner that df-ed people shouldn't (refering back to the wedding incident)

application denied.

so the point of not including df-ed ones in such activities is to get them to feel it and then want to get back...and after feeling it and wanting to get back you are told that you shouldnt put yourself in a position to feel it..or that you are wrongly motivated for being accepted back.

it still convinces me that they have no divine backing.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Re: the video, it was very difficult to watch. That man's pain was so raw. And his cousin Joe, although he was being a typical JW, it looked to me that he was fighting back tears at the end. It's criminal what this org. does to families.

StAnn

• blondie
    blondie

This shows how arbitrary each congregation can be.

*** w97 4/15 p. 26 Weddings That Honor Jehovah ***While a disfellowshipped person could be allowed to attend the talk at the Kingdom Hall,TheWatchtower of April 15, 1984, said: "It would be unfitting to have in the wedding party people who are disfellowshipped or whose scandalous life-style grossly conflicts with Bible principles."
  • SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

It can be unnerving to be faced with such blind prejudice. Sorry that happened to ya.

• Vinny
    Vinny

I dunno, I can't quite understand how they could kick you out for just "showing up" at a District Convention. You were not handing out pamphlets, using a megaphone, or causing any kind of anti-JW commotion.

Something doesn't sound right here.

They would ask you to leave IF you were causing some kind of disturbance. But based on your description you were not doing anything at all.

Something seems to be missing from the picture presented here.

• Quentin
    Quentin
    Something seems to be missing from the picture presented here....Vinny

Terry was not "dressed up"...he also waived and said Hi to a person who knew he was df'd....same person whith whom he had exchanged some e-mails....that particular individual is VERY vindictive...what's missing is a long drawn out history of relationships...a number of us came out of the same kh many years ago...

• lola28
    lola28

I still don’t really get your need to be there. What exactly did you expect? I’m always amazed by people who seemed shocked when they are shunned, how can you not know that this is what was going to happen? You are a threat to what they believe and they are going to treat you as such. It is unkind behavior, we all know that but when you deal with JW’s what else can you expect? You know or should know how they react to “apostates” if you didn’t want to encounter this kind of treatment you should have stayed away and never given them a chance to hurt your feelings.

Also to be a bit more objective, they don’t really know why you are there, they don’t know if you are going to make a scene and upset the people that are there to umm worship, so they did the most logical thing they could, they asked you to leave so they could avoid other people who in all honesty did have a right to be there from being upset or witnessing something unpleasant.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

I think that's the whole point, lola. They didn't know. And their standard operating procedure is to off the one to spare the 99.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit