Tossed out of the District Convention! What did I do wrong? I exist!!

by Terry 122 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, the WTS "security" usually has a list of people to keep out, even if they aren't disruptive. I think being df'd or da'd and talking to people at the meetings/conventions will get someone asked to leave. If you refuse to leave, then it becomes disruptive at their end at least. That is why ex-jws I know who want to attend, keep a low profile, perhaps attending where they aren't known and don't make that an occasion to talk to jws about the failings of the WTS. Some have quietly left small tracts. It's too bad you ran into someone you knew right away and tried talking to them. I have seen df'd people do that at the KH and they are always asked to leave. Not that I agree.

Blondie

• wednesday
    wednesday

I'm not exactly sure about he laws on this one, except that if you disrupt any function you can be ushered out. It is a public place but so are restaurants and they usually have a sign that says they can refuse the serve anyone- they don't have to have a reason. Once you get cross ways the locals it can be really hard to get into an assembly or local convention. I recall as a young person seeing an apostate physically picked up by some big guys and literally thrown out the door. They live for this stuff.

I would say try going somewhere you are not known and maybe pretend to be a local news channel. I don't care enough to do any of this but if you are intent on it you might check with some of the older "apostates" . There body of work in this is unparalleled. I also recall , i believe it was randy Walters who flew over a DC. lol wish i had been there.

They are so paranoid.

• Satanus
    Satanus

The level of paranoia that your exfriend lives is purely a result of borg training. When the hive descends on someone like that, there isn't much anyone can do. What you did was the best reaction.

S

• changeling
    changeling

Terry, don't feel bad for feeling "hurt". That was a normal response to rejection and humiliation.

I understand your not wanting to be "that guy". I don't want to be the poster child apostate foaming at the mouth and raving either.

Be proud that you handled yourself in a dignified way. And be happy that you are no longer one of "them".

changeling :)

• oompa
    oompa

I dont see how they could do that on the word of someone else when you were not doing anything terry. What if she was making up something about you? So I can go to any DC and go over to the thugs and say "hey that guy over there is a trouble making apostate?" I do wish you could have eeked out.."hey I really need this dc and am hoping it will help restore my faith."...or "you gotta be kiddin me?".......those three videos are rockin!!!....way to go Jamie....I love your voice btw...you in radio??.........oompa

• Terry
    Terry

Hindsight is 20/20 as they say.

Heck, I can't believe how naive I was being wanting to find my old "friends"!!

I bumped into somebody who is also an ex-JW (never really got baptised, but, was born into the org) who said to me, "Are you crazy? If you meet an old friend and talk to them YOU ARE THE BAD GUY for not telling them you are DF'd right away. So, you lose. If they shun you and they were close friends----YOU LOSE, because it is humiliation. If you argue with them and they throw you out you are EXACTLY what they expect you to be making them feel correct in their opinion, so: YOU LOSE."

There isn't a win in it anywhere!!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

OMG JamieBower. What an excursion you had with that camera. Thanx for embedding that

those three videos are rockin!!!....way to go Jamie....I love your voice btw...you in radio??.........oompa

It wasn't me on the videos! I just posted them on JWD from YouTube.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

jamie..i sent you the "groupie" fan mail... sorry. pass that along to the guy who did those youtube clips. Stellar!

Jeff

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

It's sad how frightened they are of people like us. Thanks for sharing Terry.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

This reminds me that I attended one day of the District convention in a stadium near Paris shortly after I was df'd in 1986, with a (also df'd) buddy of mine. We did catch some stares (not all of them hostile) by people we were acquainted with, including Bethel members.

The only "incident" I recall is that they had one guy follow us between the sessions, probably that we might not try to talk to anybody. When we noticed him (he was rather obvious), we naturally parted ways and easily lost him... No scandal though, just easy fun.

However we had been tossed out from our last KH before... we did attend a couple of meetings after being df'd. The problem was: we sang! They had recently changed the songbook (it was a Portuguese congregation in Paris), and nobody knew the songs enough to really sing them -- but we did... so after one meeting of hearing two apostate voices leading the congregation in Jehovah's praise they decided we were not welcome... My friend went, but I sat under the porch until the meeting was over. Then a number of children went out and started joking and playing with me as usual until their parents realised and called them back into the Hall...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit