Tossed out of the District Convention! What did I do wrong? I exist!!

by Terry 122 Replies latest jw friends

• *summer*
    *summer*
    Like I said, not much of a story....

You call that "not much of a story"???

You are right...it is no way to treat a human being.

I also thought those meetings were open to the public. Apparently not.

Only cult members in good standing are welcome.

• dawg
    dawg

You have no legal right to be there, you did the right thing by leaving. Even though the meetings are supposed to be public, they have the right to crowd control, and they would have said you were making a disturbance or something like that; the Cops would have taken you out had you refused... I know that first hand.

Screw them man, they're lost... they know they can't talk to someone that knows the truth, they can't allow dissent because their lies don't stand up to scrutiny. Keep on plugging one on one, its the only way to make an impact.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

So now we have the real "identifying mark" of Jehovah's people! The ability to be a perpetual asshole!

In what way does this resemble the return of the prodigal son and his reception? Not at all.

When confronted with that kind of behavior who in their right mind would want to "repent" and get reinstated?

W

• restrangled
    restrangled
    Like I said, not much of a story....

I would say that's a helluva story!

Unbelievable! Such christian like behavior. I think most people would have reacted as you did.

r.

• White Dove
    White Dove

That's rediculous!

I'm so sorry they hurt you like that.

They had no right to do that.

I'm not glad it happened to you, but I'm glad it did happen just to prove that they are the hypocritical Pharisees I've found them out to be.

Maybe others saw it and the experience planted a seed.

That's a public place, damnit!

I didn't notice anywhere in the Bible where Jesus said that he reserves the right to refuse mercy to anyone.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Try it again next weekend with a video camera in tow.

Jeff

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Dup post....

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Not a stupid story...

But was that the only entrance? Could you try to go in from another side?

Of course, at least you didn't waste your time... maybe they did you a favor....

A@G

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

I'm trying to picture you locking eyes with the sister

• sf
    sf

Terry, next time...yes, next time you encounter them in this type of confrontation, the simple reply is " I don't know what she said to you, but I've never met her in my life and am here to gain accurate knowledge of jehovah's organization. Perhaps even a bible study." If you aren't prepared WELL, they can SEEM intimidating and aggressive. Next time, just prepare yourself a bit more for the inevitable confrontation. sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit