jw.org cart days numbered?

by jookbeard 85 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Divergent
    Divergent
    Those who engage in cart / trolley witnessing in my area are always the same old people over & over again. Usually they are middle-aged sisters & sometimes the occasional brother. There is a glaring lack of young ones participating in this form of preaching. I don't blame them! =)
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Inside the KH, I wonder why you come here.

And I'll go one step further, IStKH, and say I'm glad you come here!

I finally mustered up the courage to sign on here (after months of lurking) and even defended The Truth(TM) against what I felt were wrongful accusations when I was first here.

Be prepared as you read the individual experiences of many here who have been victimized (I'm not just referring to the abuse issue) and have really been treated unkindly and unjustly. Jesus said "love" would be the identifying mark of his people. When you're toeing the line and obeying without question, you'll have all the friends and all the "love" that the JWs can offer.

It disappears faster than a fart in a whirlwind if you ask the wrong question or question a "wrong" (because Elders/COs/GB appointed by Holy Spirit can do no wrong). All those loving friends will gossip behind your back and eventually turn from just ignoring you to nitpicking and criticizing you.

You won't really think there is anything wrong with "the Spirit Directed Organization" until it happens to YOU.

Good luck in your lurking,

Doc

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Back in the mid 90s when I used to do street witnessing I'd place a ton of magazines. It was carried out in the downtown area of a major city. The magazines were extremely popular with the homeless, who, as I later discovered, used them as rolling papers for their tobacco. You'd also see them lining a lot of their cardboard box homes. The placements looked great on the monthly report, though.

This isn't an attempt at humor. It's a true story.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

neverendingjourney: The magazines were extremely popular with the homeless, who, as I later discovered, used them as rolling papers for their tobacco. You'd also see them lining a lot of their cardboard box homes.

I have often wondered what has happened to the mountains and mountains of printed material that the WTS is responsible for littering our planet with.

Just think of how proudly the WTS trots out how many magazines, books, and tracts the have distributed since Zion's Watchtower started publishing back in the late 1800s. (136 years of paper production)

I try to imagine how big of a mountain all that paper would make. How many acres would all that paper cover if it was laid out at a foot deep? Or, maybe 50 feet high...how big would that mountain be?

*and...how much profit does that much paper represent? - all the way from the cutting down of the tree, selling off the by-products of the paper making industry (turpentine, for one), the mining of the kaolin to make the paper white, etc, etc...and then...shipping it all over the world. To be used to roll tobacco and line cardboard boxes to sleep in (they do contribute to charity after all!).

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

If the carts are found to really not be that effective in the end, why on earth would they stop.

Heck, if effectiveness was the measuring stick, they would have stopped door-to-door 20 years ago.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/statistics.php

Hours Preaching per Conversion

In 1969 there was one baptism for every 1,983 hours of preaching. During the 1980s it had risen to 3,000 hours. From 1990 to 2011 the number of hours preaching required per baptism increased from 3000 to 6000, an increase of 100%.

More significant is the number of hours required for an additional publisher. Due to the large increase in Witnesses leaving the religion, the number of hours preaching required for an additional publisher doubled from 4,000 in the early 1990's to over 8,000 in 2000. The difference between 4000 hours in 1995 and 12,000 in 2014 is a change of 300% in just 20 years.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The cart days could be numbered?

Not a chance!..

JW.ORG is a Huge WBT$ Promotion..

The WBT$ Literature Cart is a Big Part of that Promotion..

According to the WBT$..

WBT$ Literature Carts have Homes,they Think,they Sing,they have Hearts..

...............THIS ONE HAS A FRIGGIN TV!!

................Image result for watchtower literature cart

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

It never gets old............InsidetheKH......another person spending 40 hours of their life telling people fairy tales.

It never dawns on people like this that what they are teaching today as 'truth', will all be changed in a few years............. rendering all the time they spent 'preaching' a gross waste of a life.

I've never been more convinced that it takes a certain type of person to buy into this garbage

• stan livedeath
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

daringhart13: "I've never been more convinced that it takes a certain type of person to buy into this garbage"

That means most of us at one time (minus born ins and a few others). There might yet be hope for half the Witnesses that are still inside the Kingdom Hall.

• the comet
    the comet
    In the area of the u.s. I live, a large liberal city in the pacific northwest, the carts seem to place some literature but that's about it. We had a meeting part asking for experiences some months back and they all were "a person took some magazines!!!" It just seems like a pretty gravy way to get in some time, without having to do much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit