jw.org cart days numbered?

by jookbeard 85 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• never a jw
    never a jw
    the cart numbers are good for the WT. It's easy preaching that makes people more likely to increase their hours, which allows WT to claim growth when they report annual preaching hours. The benefit in terms of new converts may be null, but the higher preaching hours will keep the delusion going.
  • cantleave
    cantleave
    insidetheKH

Young people often take the Young People ask books and brochures on creation.

Yeah, they need a laugh at the expense of the ignorant morons who write this crap.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Exactly what I thought cantleave!

Wait till they get to the parts on creation, or masturbation to see how wacky jw teachings are!

• insidetheKH
    insidetheKH

@Village probably because all those inactive others and ex-jws that left years or decades ago do not man a cart.

They speak about what they observe during a few minutes or from their own prejudices. I speak from my own real-life experience

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    insidetheKH, I have personally observed Witnesses at subway stations position themselves 100 meters away from pedestrian traffic just standing holding the magazines up. The hot dog stand was better positioned in that area. This was in the years B.C. (Before Carts). I noticed this in other locations where they simply didn't position themselves in a way that would maximize interaction with the public.
  • cappytan
    cappytan

I have manned a cart.

I'm not technically inactive, irregular or ex-jw, either. I'm only mentally out. I'm actually considered in good standing so far as the elders know.

Yes, you place a crap load of literature. People take stuff for free all the time.

But I have yet to have a meaningful conversation with people. 99.9% of the time it's along the lines of, "What religion are you?" "Oh, you're the ones that can't drink coffee or alcohol." "Oh, I thought you were mormon." "Ok, thank you, goodbye."

When I found people at home in the door-to-door ministry, the conversation was usually more meaningful.

The cart system is lazy witnessing that only real function is inflating distribution numbers and hours spent in the ministry.

I will say that now that I realize that the "truth" is all bullsh!t, I'd rather man a cart than go door-to-door any day.

Perhaps that's why insidetheKH likes cart witnessing so much too, although I doubt he'd admit it.

• insidetheKH
    insidetheKH
    @village that can be i dont know about that. I can only tell you that overhere carts are at busy markets, train, bus and subway stations etc. etc. And when we do street witnessing overhere we walk in the main street of the city centre
  • insidetheKH
    insidetheKH
    @cappy i spend 80% (about 40hrs a month) of my time door to door
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Perhaps that's why insidetheKH likes cart witnessing so much

Cart witnessing...and...forum witnessing.

It is so cool that I don't have to open my door to talk to JWs or stop at one of the carts. I just have to come here and I get all the apologetics I want by reading insidetheKH's posts.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    insidetheKH: "@cappy i spend 80% (about 40hrs a month) of my time door to door"
    So you're a pioneer. Do you count your time when you post on this forum? Serious question.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit