• Fadeout
    Fadeout

"CAN THE ETHIOPIAN CHANGE HIS SKIN?"
    ----------
    We answer, No. But all will admit that what the
    Ethiopian cannot do for himself God could readily do
    for him. The difference between the races of men and
    the differences between their languages have long been
    arguments against the solidarity of the human family.
    The doctrine of restitution has also raised the question,
    How could all men be brought to perfection and which
    color of skin was the original? The answer is now provided.
    God can change the Ethiopian's skin in his own due time. -Feb 15 1904 WT

The WT gave two examples, in 1900 (Oct 1) and 1904 (Feb 15), of supposed real-life cases of blacks turning white. Of the 1900 case it was stated that the change was in response to the man's fervent prayer that he be made white.

"From that day forward he prayed constantly and fervently that he might become white. Thirty years ago his prayer began to be answered." -Oct 1 1900 WT

• minimus
    minimus

I erred in putting this thread under PRIVATE, mods. If you can adjust that, it would be great.

More stuff:

It's inappropriate to engage in oral sex as a married couple.

Masturbation is considered a "secret sin" and if one persists in this filthy habit, they should talk to the elders so as to overcome their sin.

Very very soon the end of the world will be here.

To be a "true Christian", one must be a minister.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Tell me about the blacks becoming white, please.

This I've never heard!!!

I've stated this before: I have a strong suspicion that the blood transfusion ban arose out of fear that White people would become like Black people if they were transfused with a Black person's blood!

At the turn of the 20th century, the WT was staffed with some weirdos who were full of paranoia about everything.

Sylvia

• dinah
    dinah

Hey Sylvia, what happens to ya when you birth a black baby?

• oompa
    oompa

a serious no-no is to wear basketball shorts while crossing the public street to go the gym to play basketball....this is for all visitors and all betheliteweights.......how nuts is that??

I got busted cause I have killer legs....apparently mankiller

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hey Sylvia, what happens to ya when you birth a black baby?

I'm sure they refused to even entertain the idea! Old fools!

Sylvia

• minimus
    minimus

You should NOT read older publications from the Watchtower.

You should never question whatever is currently written or else you might be viewed as weak or worse yet---an "apostate".

It truly is better if nonjws die now. At least they'll have a chance for a ressurection!

Whatever "the Faithful & Discreet Slave" says, Jehovah's Witnesses will do.

One cannot date unless marriage to the person is quite possible.

• minimus
    minimus

Women cannot wear dress pants at the meetings or while preaching even if it's below zero degrees.

When visiting a factory in NYC owned by the Witnesses, a male must be properly dressed. Tees and jeans are unacceptable. Females must wear clothes that are not considered "worldly" Attire should be "Christian" looking.

Only suits can be worn by the elder giving a public talk. A blazer and dress pants are not appropriate. However that style of dress is deemed appropriate if one is not the speaker.

A female wearing a dress that is above the knee is showing too much skin and would be counseled if necessary.

Reading biblical sources outside of the Watchtower Society's publications is strongly discouraged.

• seek2find
    seek2find

Better not think of joining the YMCA or anything else with Christian in the name. seek2find

• minimus
    minimus

Regularly playing the lottery, even if it's a dollar a week could get you disfellowshipped.

If 2 people of the opposite sex are in the ministry together, it is advisable that one sits in the rear of the car and the other drives.

Elders should never talk to a troubled female alone, lest the woman develop desires for the man.

If you truly love God, you will follow the "Slave's" instructions----even if you don't understand it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit