State Truthful Facts About JWs That Make Them Look Bad, Weird, Foolish

by minimus 95 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

The main ones would have to be the blood issue, disfellowshiping, and no holidays.

Following what the FDS says whether it is scripture backed or not. It doesn't have to make sense; it's from Jah!!!

Not letting your kids play with other neighborhood kids, because they are worldly.

The wedding ring is okay because can you imagine the amount of sisters that would leave if they couldn't wear their diamonds!!!

• minimus
    minimus

Celebrating a wedding is ok but a birth is awful.

You are required to turn in a report slip for proof of the time you spend preaching.

Going to college or encouraging a college education will mean sanctions on you.

You cannot talk to a disfellowshipped relative IF they live outside the home but you can maintain normal relations if they live inside the home.

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

Witnesses taught that religion was a "snare and a racket" until 1950, when they decided to become a religion themselves.

They taught that God would make black people white in the New World.

They criticize the Catholic Church for teaching until 1873 that the "curse of Ham" resulted in the black race. The WTS does not admit that it taught the same thing well into the 20th century.

They taught that God lives in the Pleiades.

In 1960 they suggested that God would use "cosmic rays" to drive his enemies insane, and antimatter to destroy the world at Armageddon. In 1971 they proposed he would use antimatter to dispose of the billions of corpses after Armageddon. Now they teach that the lucky survivors will get to bury them.

EDIT: Almost forgot, one of the best ones: The Witnesses introduced their own calendar so they wouldn't have to use a calendar with pagan names for months and days. It never caught on, so the Witnesses still use our pagan calendar and apparently are no longer bothered by it.

• minimus
    minimus

A woman should scream if threatened with rape or else she would show consent. (I believe this has been changed more recently).

If a person owns a business they can't sell tobacco or lottery tickets. But if a JW merely works in a convenience store it's ok.

Smoking involves "spiritism".

A child who has been sexually abused needs at least 2 witnesses to prove the abuse took place.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

It seems to me all you guy's have already summed it all up.

• minimus
    minimus

Tell me about the blacks becoming white, please.

This I've never heard!!!

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

OMG!!!! Is this true!!?!?!?!?

• dinah
    dinah

Oh pah-leeeeezze.

You can't be serious??

Does that mean I can't get a tan in the New World?

• babygirl75
    babygirl75
    Does that mean I can't get a tan in the New World?

Damn Dinah...Just how dark do you get in the summer? LOL....

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

They use Jesus as an example to follow but they don't follow his teachings, ex.: Jesus said not to become like the pharisees and live by a bunch of man made laws. Jesus said to love your enemies but they tell you to shun them. Jesus said to be like the good samaritan ( who was like an "apostate" to the Jews) but they are not allowed to talk to somebody who is DF.

Abortion, smoking and extreme sports or wrong because life is sacred but accepting blood to save a life is wrong because blood symbolizes life and life is sacred.

The list is long...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit