State Truthful Facts About JWs That Make Them Look Bad, Weird, Foolish

by minimus 95 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BFD
    BFD
    Can't believe I saw you and didn't immediately think of the doilies.

I threw that one in just for you. LOL

BFD

• allreadygone
    allreadygone

They say that the end of this old system could come any day, and Jehovah will KILL all who are not JWs.
    Yet there are BILLIONS of people on this planet who have never even heard of Jehovah's Witnesses. Let alone chosen not to serve him.
    Yea, that does sound like a God who's predominate qualities are LOVE, and JUSTICE.

Gone

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

They say they are doing a lifesaving work by preaching to people.

When confronted with the fact that many people have still not heard their message, they respond that "God can read hearts."

So how can they say their work is lifesaving?

• james_woods
    james_woods

How about those "sound cars" used to blast condemnation upon the front steps of other churches on Sunday Mornings?

In the U.S., this probably ended in the 1930s, but I actually saw one being used in southern Mexico as late as the 1970s.

Or, how about those windup record players - set them up on peoples doorstep and make them listen to the rantings of the Judge?

No wonder most normal people think that the Witnesses are crazy.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

The whole doctrine that the old guys in Bethel sit there and channel angels-spirits-resurrected dead people who tell them what to write down as the truth is over-the-top weird and makes them come across as a newage cult.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

The fact that the man is the absolute head of the household and that men are the only ones to lead and teach.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Oh, and the blood issue.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Grown men and women not being 'allowed' to look at all the information available on the internet.

Not being allowed to talk to a close friend for the rest of their lives because they have a different opinion on religion.

Being a woman and not being 'allowed' to wear trousers/pants to the meetings.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Refusal to salute the flag, vote or perform military service yet take advantage of the freedoms of civilized society.

Not celebrating holidays.

Refusing to support charities but takes advantage of them.

SH*T, I can't stop. Someone please help me to shut up about this!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Their criticism of education, the medical profession, governments, big business, entertainment, the media, other religions, the UN, and just about everything they don't control, but at the same time using all of the above to their advantage when it suits them.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit