How come the women's restrooms always stink at assemblies....

by tan 90 Replies latest jw friends

• tan
    tan

I'm loving the responses....so many things brought back so many memories.

And the lack of toilet paper....yes the long long lines. Remember getting up wayyyyy before the song began....or getting up before the "BIG" drama so that you wouldn't miss it....lol.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder if it has to do with the poor ventilation at a$$embly hells. And how many people actually puke when they hear the programs.

• sacolton
    sacolton

I would never dare to "drop the Browns at the Superbowl" during a assembly/convention, but I seen my share of pubes stuck to the rim of the urinals. You would have thought the brothers had mange or something.

As for the women's bathroom, I imagine the toilet paper was limited to two squares. Yuck! How the hell do you wipe with only two squares? I guess most just shook the dregs off.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Moderators - please put this thread in 'The Best Of'.

I've laughed so hard I'm nearly touching cloth.

• JK666
    JK666

Women's restroom at a fairground DC, perhaps?

JK

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

BumbleBee,

This is for DA's and CA's: Hot strong smelly amonia urine smell from the constant line of sisters and kids of both sexes using the women's restroom made me gag every time.

White Dove - I am aware of the topic, and my answer still stands. Sounds like FHN and I had similar experiences. Bathrooms clean, busy, but always clean, there were always sisters in there cleaning, no overly offensive smells, no paper towel restrictions, no paper over the mirrors.

The CA's were nearly always clean and pleasant. The DA's were an absolute different story. I attended mostly at stadiums in NJ; NY; PA; & SoCal from 1970 - 1993. As I recall, they were all pretty bad but SoCal was the worst. Paper on the mirrors, rationed toilet paper (I think 4 or 6 squares, but not sure). (One sister brought her own roll to use - and was scolded because it (1) wasn't fair to the others; and (2) it may overload/clog the sewer line. A friend and I smuggled tp in a couple of times.) The stench was nauseating and was made worse by the lack of ventilation and huge, hot bodies all crowded together. I used to try to stand outside of the doorway for as long as I could just to avoid the retchedness (sp?). Of course there would be women and children pushing me to take that final step in. ARRGGHH! I attended an inside arena in Fresno a few times and don't recall it being bad at all. I feel nauseous just remembering those horrendous events. I didn't take me long after moving to So Cal to become part of the auditing department. That made all the difference in the world. We were located in one of the locker rooms and had our own restroom. It was shared by men and women (a flip sign identified who could enter). Thanks for the memories. Glad I am OUT. -Aude.

• 1914BS
    1914BS

just a putrid smell is all I can remember from the guys washrooms. I mean do those guys ever wash after doing it??

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I don't have a strong tummy and those bathrooms were disgusting. Over the years I wised up. I guessed to myself that I have never seen members of GB in line ups or those who were assigned special workers they seemed to go to the poddy at some hide out that the brethren knew nothing about. Once I decided to follow some of the big wigs and watched where they would disappear during convention talkes. Where 10s of thousands attended. With stratagy I just meandered and by following the elite to find out the hideout where these secret bathrooms were hidden. The convention directors always set up the different rooms of importance in and toward the mens locker rooms. Like the guys that run the stadiums for special rooms for coaches and team met and I went into those washrooms they were immaculate and there was no offensive odour.

I saw there were two sets of washrooms one for the gals and then the guys that were at the areanas back part of the stadiums. Generally behind the podium.

All the other bathrooms were full and line ups long and not so cheerful as mothers tried to keep their children in order evn when the wee ones were ready to pee thier little panties. I use to think this is just dispectable as I know there were other washrooms all throughout the stadium, but the brothers had these areas strung with ropes across them. So the brothers weren't able to get to them. The attendants were instructed to sent persons to the washrooms set up on the different levels. And yes the washrooms used by sisters were beyond belief.

Years and years ago I don't ever recall washroom smelling so diplorable. Sisters were assigned to keep the toilets clean with a nice smelling cleaner and use lysol to cut back on bacteria. Washing up the sinks and handles to prevent illness. The washrooms seldomed made you feel like you weren't going to puck your guts up because of the stench. Where did those wonderful sisters disappear too they were the best volunteers. Getting help was difficult and sisters weren't all that keen to clean washrooms. As one poster mentioned that the brothers decided too many sisters were missisng too much of the programs and in their infinite wisdom have the bathroom mirrors covered over so there was no way a sister could revamp her hair and make up. Several sisters did however rip portions of the paper of the mirrors and still kept themselves prim and proper so that the brothers could see there beauty. Gawd what a studip rule. paper on mirrors. next time they may drill holes in the floor and sister stand over them and do there business, that is how weird the governing body is. Another example of we are important and you are not.

And getting back to the hidden poddy rooms there were no papers covering those mirrors. "What double standards." Hell no. Some one I guess forgot to do those washrooms.

Some sisters suffer from incontinence and Interstitial Cystitis

What were these sisters to do pee on the floor ? I know about this as my mom has it and the pain is indescribalbe and if she couldn't get to the washroom she could just pass out from the pain. I told my mother about these hidden washrooms and when she would go to use those bathrooms she told the attendant about her condition and produced a letter from her doctor stating she must be able to relief herself for fear of causing further problems. So they let my mom go in. I had no difficulty either as I knew so many brothers from all around the world and the speakers etc it was easy to get into . I hated to see sisters and children suffer like this. When thousands use these washrooms sure your going to have a terrible odour even on the levels of the stadiumyou are able to smell it. It is human nature, poddy is by no means perfume. We just have to be ready to stand in the line up.

Oh well i just felt they brothers had double standards.

Orangefatcat.

• restrangled
    restrangled

I can remember being in a Chicago facility where the women were lined up with no end in sight (pun not intended). There were babies and small children waiting in line along with their mother's for the Women's bathrooms.

I remember seeing no lines for the Men's facilities.

When toilets are flushed, the bacteria floats into the air. Bacteria contains odors....if you have toilets flushing constantly, can you imagine the bacteria in the air? Thats what everyone was smelling and being exposed to along with any dirty diapers being changed.

It was probably a deadly combination for any one with a weakend immune system.

r.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

When I think about this I am glad we had washrooms although they were unpleasant. But can you imagine the inhumanity Hilter did to the Jews and other ethnic groups he hated. He would just jam these wonderful human beings into cattle cars and put a bucket for pee and a bucket for pooh and that stench must have been unbearable. Imagine how their dignity suffered.

And in the POW camps the condtions were eaqually inhumane. The lice and vermin and bacteria were illness sprung up immediatley from the germs is unbelieveable to me.

At least we had washroom even if there was a smell.

It makes my heart strings pull down real far. Those poor human beings.

Orangefatcat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit