One Reason Why I Worship the God of the Bible

by snowbird 193 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

My premise is to see what's really there, nothing more, nothing less.

• startingover
    startingover

IP-SEC

Since this is an ex-JW forum what I can't understand is how someone can continue on believing after they've figured out the JW's are a scam.

• Perry
    Perry
    It's... Jehovah v. Jesus- Dueling Deities.

Just one God here Nvrgbk, representing both the Just and the Justifier:

Rom. 3: 26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. - KJV

What a Savior!!!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Worship Homerovah I say worship me or I'll smite you all with a thousand plagues.

And I shall rain fire down from the heavens to destroy all heathen non-believers.

And can you spare a few bucks I'm a little low in cash this week

• Perry
    Perry
    Since this is an ex-JW forum what I can't understand is how someone can continue on believing after they've figured out the JW's are a scam.

Hi IP Sec,

I feel the same way...I constantly ask myself, "Was I the only one who really meant it when I got baptized and took an oath" ? Just because the Watchtower turned out to be a scam did not destroy my desire to make friends with God.

• Perry
    Perry
    My premise is to see what's really there, nothing more, nothing less.

Wrong. Investigation processes are not premises.

• trevor
    trevor
    Perry: I found out that 'pleasing Jehovah" was a fool's errand. That's why I asked Jesus to save me.

And yet Jesus said to his father 'Let this cup pass but not as I will but as you will.' He tried to please his father.

Before him Abraham, the first man of faith, tried to please Jehovah and was counted righteous.

Presumably you have found a way of interpreting away the obvious conclusion that these men were fools?

Let me help you out here. Most of your Christian friends on this board just tear the inconvinent pages out of their bibles to arrive at a sweet religion that gives them a warm cuddly feeling. Their biggest enemy is not the Devil, apparently he is not literal either, it is logic that they fear.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

When talking about 'God', what is it JWs are referring to?

• press any key
    press any key

Posted by Snowbird

You can pick what you want and discard the rest - as I did with the article on confirmation bias.

Just wanted to say thats one of the funniest things I've read in ages. Thanks for a good laugh.

cheers
    pak

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I've read other ancient works on this subject, and I see in none of them the coherent reasonableness that can be found in the Bible.

There is not more coherent reasonableness in the Bible's explanations of life and death.
    You are putting your modern Judeao-Christian understanding of the Bible into your reading of it.

Try to read Genesis the same way you read ancient works outside of the Bible. They are dismissed
    because nobody believes them anymore. You are free to look at the ridiculousness of what they
    say. Well, Genesis is chock-full of ridiculousness.

The order of Creation leading to life. When life was created, much of it had no food until that was
    created. Adam- it was not good for him to be alone. A goat or a dog or whatever was tried, but he
    needed a better companion. How about Able sacrificing the fat of his flock before anyone ate meat?
    That sure sounds like an edit by a later redactor who wanted the Israelites to sacrifice meat.

The biggest obvious flaw was that the serpent wasn't lying. God was lying. They did not die in that
    day, they did (at God's own admission) become like God in knowing good and bad.
    Later in the scriptures, Eve was tricked but Adam was not, so Man should have headship over Woman.
    What is that about? Eve was tricked by a powerful spirit creature using a serpent, but Adam
    deliberately disobeyed God, so he's better for it? By the way, it's our Judeao-Christian teachings of
    later years that even suggest that the serpent of Genesis was really Satan. The story just talks about
    a sneaky old snake, talking to Eve.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit