Diary of a thinking to return ex-Jw

by reniaa 223 Replies latest jw experiences

• real one
    real one

If just believing in a nebulus God is enough then what is the point of the bible? this question is for those that say just believe in God and don't bother with an organisation.

who says this? where in the Bible does it tell christians to join an organization? It tells us to fellowship with believers. Baptist catholics and other christian faiths don't mind being in the company of jw but yet you look at them as inferior.

Christmas is an act of worship to Christ. Do you think God minds men showing his son honor?

Do we need man to speak to God for us?

22 This means that Jesus guarantees us a better agreement with God. 23 There have been a lot of other priests, and all of them have died. 24 But Jesus will never die, and so he will be a priest forever! 25 He is forever able to save [c] the people he leads to God, because he always lives to speak to God for them. 26 Jesus is the high priest we need. He is holy and innocent and faultless, and not at all like us sinners. Jesus is honored above all beings in heaven, 27 and he is better than any other high priest. Jesus doesn't need to offer sacrifices each day for his own sins and then for the sins of the people. He offered a sacrifice once for all, when he gave himself. 28 The Law appoints priests who have weaknesses. But God's promise, which came later than the Law, appoints his Son. And he is the perfect high priest forever. 22 This means that Jesus guarantees us a better agreement with God. 23 There have been a lot of other priests, and all of them have died. 24 But Jesus will never die, and so he will be a priest forever! 25 He is forever able to save [c] the people he leads to God, because he always lives to speak to God for them. 26 Jesus is the high priest we need. He is holy and innocent and faultless, and not at all like us sinners. Jesus is honored above all beings in heaven, 27 and he is better than any other high priest. Jesus doesn't need to offer sacrifices each day for his own sins and then for the sins of the people. He offered a sacrifice once for all, when he gave himself. 28 The Law appoints priests who have weaknesses. But God's promise, which came later than the Law, appoints his Son. And he is the perfect high priest forever.

• wifekeepsmeinit
    wifekeepsmeinit

Blinded by the light: is the back room also known as the Champaign Room.

What am i gonna receive in the Champaign Room.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    it sounds woefully out of date (it was written 30 years ago?)

If it is truth you are interested in, doesn't this raise warning bells? The WTS changes standards and doctrine constantly depending on who the current GB are. Would you say the Bible is woefully out of date for being 2000 years old? If the Watchtower contains truth, an analysis of it from 1900, 1980 or 2008 should all be the same.

• heathen
    heathen

I don't know why you think you are harassed ,after all ,you did start this discussion of your own free will , see now we are back to the diagnosis of you wanting to blame others for your mistakes or perhaps you just get a thrill out of provoking people? I suggest you find out who you are before you accuse others of attempting to derail your dreams . I think you've just took the first step back in so why not just demonize everybody that you don't like and run right to the kingdub hell telling them just how you were treated so poorly .wah wah wah .......... Us evil apostates , the WTBTS was right all along , then you go right back to sucking mothers milk straight from the teet . Why everybody will be astounded at your revelation and even sing praises to your righteous indignations . Anybody got a puke bucket? ...........

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

After flipping through the replies and arguments reinaa keeps putting forth I think I feel safe saying that her seriousness in becoming involved with the Witnesses is something that I really doubt.

Sure she may go back to meetings, hang around the hall a bit. But at the end of the day she is not serious about being a JW. Such replies as she has consistently given could be provided by a person who is far removed from the realities of being in the Watchtower.

She likes coming on this forum and making light of issues going on within the Watchtower. I don't fault her for this because this is where her own personal experience takes her. I do think she would not do so good in taking these issues on with any of us person to person, the internet make it easy to be aloof on specific positions and get away with it.

I know this makes most of you on this forum angry. You see a person giving the JWs a free pass just because they want to. I've got new for all of you here, there are millions of them. Personal experience has everything to do with how we view the Watchtower. Most of us invested our lives into the JWs, hours and hours of our time. We were extremely dedicated to the message and beliefs. When that reality was exposed as a false one to us we became extremely involved in understanding why it was so wrong and how we had been duped.

I just don't think Reinaa has much invested into her ideas about the Watchtower. They seem trivial to her. She doesn't see these issues the same way most on the board see them.

I mean, calling Crisis of Conscience 'out of date'. She is so not serious about discussing things here. At this point she just wants to annoy you all!

Don't get me wrong. I actually am not really trying to rag on Reinaa. It's just that i think that most here are taking her way to seriously.

• Quentin
    Quentin
    it sounds woefully out of date (it was written 30 years ago?) and very much looking at the imperfectionss of men running an organisation....

Well there ya go...that comment is about as jw as one can get..."imperfections of men running an organization"

Dam skippy their imperfect and they are just that "men"...Men who stand like the Great Wall of China between you and Jesus and Jehovah. Your relationship is with those men, not God. You give your worship to them, not God. You praise them, not God. When you are baptized you swear alligence to them, not God....don't go off on some tangent that your allready baptized, by the way, thirty plus years ago when baptized the person gave their allegince to Jesus and Jehovah, not a bunch of suites...that must be woefully out of date, eh?

If you do not do those things and give obesence to them, follow every jot and tittle they utter you will be kicked to the curb. But, you know that. Enjoy the game....plenty of folks here who'll play...I'm going home...

• Quentin
    Quentin
    Anybody got a puke bucket? ...........

Left mine in the "playroom"....use it if you want...

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

Blinded by the light: is the back room also known as the Champaign Room.

What am i gonna receive in the Champaign Room.

NOW HE's SPEAKING IN TONGUES. Damn brother, you'll probably get kicked out of JW's too for stuff like that. Just imagine, if this is one of the first guys we disfellowship from being worldly, AND he also manages to get the boot from the JayDubs, he'll be the first person who litterally can only associate with himself. (hmm, I wonder if that homeless guy that talks to himself had this happen to him, makes sense now).

Now, either get on the wide path that leads to everlasting destruction like the rest of us, or we'll boot you to the narrow and cramped. Being worldly HAS rules and standards that we all follow, not picking on you, just trying to be a good shepard of my goats.

• flipper
    flipper

RENIAA- To be perfectly honest - I think you are a drama queen who really needs a lot of attention , and is good at getting it. Many people on this thread have given you good advice and takes on things , but I think what you are all about is expounding the Jehovah's Witnesses cult speak to people here - and most of what you say falls on deaf ears. At least it does mine. I had 44 years to see that the witnesses DID NOT have the " truth" - I don't think your supporting their cause will change the damage that organization has done everybody

• restrangled
    restrangled
    it sounds woefully out of date (it was written 30 years ago?) and very much looking at the imperfectionss of men running an organisation.

Since when is looking at the imperfections of men running that organization or any other organization a negative? What makes them immune to scrutiny? Try to lay that line on the shareholders of AT&T or Disney. Pretty funny.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit