Diary of a thinking to return ex-Jw

by reniaa 223 Replies latest jw experiences

• reniaa
    reniaa

I thought long and hard about posting this but the mis-information on this site finally persuaded me, I already accept many may not accept what I say on face value and get their appologist pens ready for making sure no pro-witness propaganda slips through the net on this site but here goes......

I've been on this forum for a few months my first post was about how i was thinking of returning to Jw's and at my sisters recommendation to look at this site for both sides of the story before taking that step.

I faded from Jw's 10/11 years ago now I left my hubby at the time divorced him to going on to have more relationships and kids, I was definately given the impression after asking on this site and with what I read that if I tried to return I might face DF or at least a JC but definately a couple of elders questioning me over what i've been upto these last few years - None of these have happened

I talked with an old JW friend (yes i do have then and she never shunned me quite happily accepted an offer of coffee from me and my asking for a chat) I told her i was interested in going back and was very frank about what I done in the last 10 years but not sure how returning was done now, she quite happily said she go ask for me to find out.

Result! she came back this week and said "all I had to do was goto meetings again" and an offer of a study was there for me if i wanted it to explore the open doubts that I had expressed i now had.

not quite the fire and brimstone welcome this site led me to believe would happen.

I will keep you posted with further updates if I feel the need to put them in future.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

If you are seriously thinking of going back you should not be on this site. You could be disfellowshipped just for being here. It seems you want the best of both worlds; which if fine, but at least admit it.

• avengers
    avengers

If they had the Truth I would go back.

They don't so I won't.

Why would you go back to a religion full of lies and hypocrisy?

I don't get it.

My guess is that some people indeed need the blue pill.

Andy

• freydi
    freydi

What you've "been up to" is none of their business. Don't accept a "study," or anything else like a "shepherding call" or "field service" that will put you in a situation where it's two on one. It's just another way to get you to admit something for which they can hang you out to dry and exercize their cult/authoritarian rules and tactics. You don't need to be retrained. If you want to go back, just go to a meeting and talk like a dub. Just tell them you've been inactive and refuse to go into any details or accept any offers of hep. Just tell them you stick to God's Word.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Why do you even want to go back? What is the allure in going back?

They falsely prophesied for over 100 years now. I was told by the time I was born up until I left that Armageddon was any day now. Years of my life and childhood were stolen, not to mention I lost out on a head start in life that normal non-jw kids get.

I just don't see how in the world, with the mountain of evidence there is out there ,that anyone could fall for this trap, especially someone who left it and wants to go back.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I will try to avoid my instinctual cringing:)

Why do you want to go back Renaia? Do you think it is the truth?

shelly

• Vinny
    Vinny

I became a baptized JW when I was 27 (from the world). I was a very active, zealous JW, and elder with many privileges and liked by almost all JW's during my 15 years since then. My wife was solid, kids were all raised in it and our 19 year old daughter was a regular pioneer --(all of this just over two years ago). I had no complaints with the Society or with individual JW's that I knew.

But then one day I learned the honest facts as they truly are. Here is my story:

http://exjehovahswitnessforum.yuku.com/topic/922/t/Letter-of-disassociation.html

Today I have no problems if people want to be JW's, including YOU. I say, as long as you know all sides of the JW religion (as most never do), then good for you, if that is what you want to spend your life doing.

You can live an okay life as a JW. just as long as you are content handing your life over to the Governing Body; being told what to believe and what not to believe. What you can do and cannot do. What words can say and cannot say. What you should wear and not wear etc. etc.

You will have all kinds of friends wherever you go, which has benefits. That is, as long as you agree with everything the Society says. Disagree with even one WT teaching and you then realize that all of those friendships are 100 percent conditional. Which to some people is not really true friendships. But at least you have been 'enlightened' beforehand about this brotherly arrangement.

You will have to be willing to allow your new child to die rather than accept blood, if an emergency should arise. (You might wish to read this thread sometime:http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/16/150613/1.ashx

You will have to be willing to allow your child to lose its only mother if YOU find yourself needing blood to live.

You will have to be willing to insist this same blood policy be accepted by any bible study you happen to meet (along with any kids they might have) in the field service before they can ever become a JW. And be willing to accept that some of these may die because of what you taught them to believe.

You must be willing to cut or limit all ties with any baptized JW (including your own children and close family and friends) if they simply say, "thanks but no thanks, the JW's just aren't for me"!

You must be willing to accept the fact that other people you bring into the JW's will also have to be willing to cut or limit ties with any baptized person (including close family and friends), that simply want to walk away from the JW's, even if they remain a devoted Christian afterwards.

You must be willing to accept all current JW teachings (including things you may not agree with or understand), even though they were wrong about vaccinations, organ transplants, alternative service, numerous end of world predictions, Beth Sarim, rape rules, marital infidelity rules and much much more.

No school sports, Cubscouts, Brownies, holidays, birthdays, proms, clubs and more for your kids.

No beards for your son of husband or any other man if they ever wish to carry a microphone or other privileges in the congregation.

No pants, new tattoos, piercings, longer hair, R rated movies if they want to be in good standing in the congregation and viewed favorably by other JW's.

As long as you are happy with these things, and many more like them, then I say good for you and I wish you and your family the best.

Peace and best wishes,

Vinny

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

Reniaa,

When you had coffee with this old JW friend did she say to you the Internet is full of apostates and lies?... I bet she did.

I don't see this site as be being full of misinformation and I am sure you don't really. You are just repeating a JW mantra.

That is the problem with returning, you have to give up your own mind. Bit by bit they will take away your ability to think for yourself so you have to go to them for all the answers, like you friend did.

Why do you want to return? ask yourself, Is it true? if you doubt that, there is no reason to subject yourself to mental abuse.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

The cool thing about it is we will probably see your kids on this board 20 years from now, happy to be free, but wishing their Mom would leave.

Why in the world would you want to subject your children to that? Aren't they entitled to a normal life? Why destroy their lives by going back?

You have more to think about than just your happiness, you have your children's happiness too.

• Sirona
    Sirona

It makes me laugh that you actually think that anything you have to say would be a problem for the ExJWs on this board.

You have repeatedly shown a total inability to reason or think for yourself. You have repeatedly shown that you don't care a jot what this religion does to your kids.

You have helped persuade many readers here to never go back, because you are a reminder that active JWs choose to be ignorant just so that they can be part of "the best religion" and feel superior to others.

Sirona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit