Diary of a thinking to return ex-Jw

by reniaa 223 Replies latest jw experiences

• willyloman
    willyloman

"I want the truth!"

"You can't handle the truth!"

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi layla I reread your post and example it was interesting.

I asked if I could speak to her, she agreed. I wanted to give her the check, she refused. So I asked her why she didn't want the money, why she didn't want to live in the house with a few other women, and she said, "well I don't want welfare, that's welfare" and then she said, "well I don' t want to live with other women in a house" and I said, "but you have your own room" and she just looked at me, "I'm happy with my routine, I have been doing this for 14 years." I said, "you would rather live and sleep in a parking garage, then in a warm house with your own bathroom?" She didn't say anything, because what I was saying was completely true and logical, but she had made up her mind.

In one weeks time she was right back to her routine, with Max by her side.

Whenever you see a JW that has been doing it for years considering going back, think of Jane and sleeping in the parking garage.

posted by layla33

but wrong analogy because what are you offering me as a "warm bed, Cheque, job" in return for turning away from Jw's? Well i've had 10/11 years in the "warm bed" and found it had too many different men in it none of them staying for long, I spent the "cheque" and found all the money and Pleasures i could buy have still left me spiritually empty, and the "New job" in other faiths proved not to be as fullfilling as having a relationship with jehovah, so in that sense I've tried your offer and found it wasn't as good.

• Sirona
    Sirona

ROFLMAO!

I bet you thought this was dead clever didn't you?

Well i've had 10/11 years in the "warm bed" and found it had too many different men in it none of them staying for long, I spent the "cheque" and found all the money and Pleasures i could buy have still left me spiritually empty, and the "New job" in other faiths proved not to be as fullfilling as having a relationship with jehovah, so in that sense I've tried your offer and found it wasn't as good.

Most of us Ex JWs, me included, pride ourselves on not having "too many different men in our bed". We have standards. Do you? Did you? Having lots of men isn't anything to do with the world, its to do with YOU.

As for spiritually empty - well if you'd learned, like many of us, that money can't buy spirituality you wouldn't have tried to buy spirituality. Again this has sweet FA to do with the world and everything to do with you and your choices.

New job in other faiths - well since you haven't actually joined any other faiths (from what you've said) how the heck can you know?

Thanks for the entertainment Reniaa, previously you annoyed me, now you just make me amused.

Sirona

• reniaa
    reniaa

lol I was just being ironic I'm glad it made you smile, the inate point was valid though what are we offering that is better on this forum?

Strip away a persons beliefs and they still have a empty space to fill!

• Sirona
    Sirona

This forum isn't offering a religion. This forum isn't claiming to be the "one true religion" like the JWs are. So it isn't up to this forum to provide you with an alternative.

Any ex JW has the option to fill their spiritual need - with true spirituality rather than the fake spirituality offered by the Watchtower Society.

True spirituality doesn't come from filling in paper slips and attending the hall so you look "spiritual". It doesn't come from feeling superior to everyone else because you are the only ones who are right. It certainly doesn't come from putting your life on hold because you're waiting for God to solve all your problems (at Armageddon).

Many people have tried to help you, Reniaa, but if you won't research for yourself (read the books suggested or be open to learning) then there isn't much we can do to help further.

I strongly suspect that you'll be leaving the JWs in years to come and unfortunately by that time you'll have exposed your kids to the dysfunctionality of the JWs. That is the part that certainly doesn't make me laugh.

Sirona

• Sirona
    Sirona

ROUND AND ROUND AND ROUND WE GO....

LOL

Sirona

• reniaa
    reniaa

So going by your words this site is just the blunt instrument and its still upto those that are influenced by what they learn on here to build a new life for themselves and find some sort of religion they can follow. thats makes layla story even less realistic so no "warm bed cheque or new home" offered at all as you say

it isn't up to this forum to provide you with an alternative.

hmm not sure i approve of that even if people do come on here of there own free will.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

And the SAGA continues.........You've been carrying-on now for a week on this thread. You've beaten it to death and the only thing that's been accomplished is a MOOT POINT!!!

Go back if you must, it's what you want, but please don't continue to debate this matter through analogies or whatever it is that you feel you need to do in order to make those of us feel that you are RIGHT!

You've made your bed, in more ways than one and now you must make it back up. Just get on with it and make your choice. You have many, as all of us do. I made mine and I just faded off into the sunset yelling Yippie Yi Yo Ki A.

NMG

• carla
    carla

"hmm not sure i approve of that even if people do come on here of there own free will." --- what? that makes no sense whatsoever. Do you really believe a board on the internet should supply you or anyone with an alternative to your life choices? The key words here are 'your life', you seem to me to lack the ability or drive to take responsibility for your own life and want easy answers to everything. That is probably why the jw's are so attractive to you as they have all the answers to everything from how to wear your hair to how you can make love to your spouse.The fact that they can literally teach in the same year that a passage in the bible which you claim to hold dearly can mean they are talking about Satan one month only to change it to Jesus the next does not bother you, minor details confusing Jesus with Satan. You claim you want some sort of 'truth' yet you are fearful or unwilling to do the hard work that journey will take you on. Any sort of 'truth' the jw's have oscilates on such a regular basis the only 'truth' you will ever have is what they tell you is truth this week, all subject to change by the next printing of their rags.

There are many who by their passivity, dependency, fear and laziness, seek to be shown every inch of the way and have it demonstrated to them that each step will b safe and worth their while. This cannot be done. For the journey of spiritual growth requires courage and initiative and independence of thought and action.

• reniaa
    reniaa

I agree with you nomoreguilt, I've had my say on this topic that only leaves me to say thank you to all posters for their imput and info, I read all replies

reniaa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit