WHAT MADE YOU LEAVE? Doctrine or people?

by chuckyy 63 Replies latest jw experiences

• chuckyy
    chuckyy

HI.

Just wondering what made you take the final leap out of the org? Was it doctrinal in that certain things just didnt add up or was it because of the actions of people in the org. that made you leave? For me, it was peoples actions that made me re-examine doctrine. Then it was a combination of both.

CHUKYY

• blondie
    blondie

Lying to the rank and file--a combination of doctrine and people. People got my attention, doctrine sealed the deal not to come back.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Similar to Blondie's answer, but more heavy on doctrine.

If it isn't "the truth" then it's false. If it's false, then it's "the lie" or "the anti-truth."
    But Bethel lay-offs made me decide to move toward the door because we were
    told to "take care of our own family" ahead of the congregation, and I had their
    wonderful example to focus on.

• oompa
    oompa

Doctrine, and changing the Bible and lying about it. The NWT has added the name Jehovah to the Greek Scriptures without any manuscript support. They claim to do so where it quotes from the Hebrew Scriptures, but they actually do it wherever they want to...........pisses me off...........oompa

ya just cant go changin the bible

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    WHAT MADE YOU LEAVE? Doctrine or people?

Both. And additionally, ethics! The organization lied to me, not only about doctrine, but about it's actions and decisions that had nothing to do with doctrine, such as Malawi/Mexico, Rand, UN, etc.

I could have forgiven the people. I might have even thought to wait out or try and influence a change in doctrine [though we all know that would have gotten me out over time], but I could not stomach being a part of an organization that claimed to be dancing with God, while singing with the Devil.

Jeff

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

All of the above.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Doctrine.

I got to a point in my life where I needed to know for sure one way or the other. Did research on the bible (mainly OT). Nuff said.

• free2think
    free2think

I'd always had my doubts but the people sealed it for me in the end.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Doctrine and the Governing Body.

momz

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The way the local hounders treated me. Everything was set up to create the maximum number and difficulty of obstacles toward meeting the opposite sex, meaning it was only a matter of time before I would turn apostate.

What did it was when I figured out that, whether the Washtowel Slaveholdery was telling the truth or not, that I was better off out. The worst case would have been for me to stay in and have it turn out that they were right--everlasting celibacy, stagnation, and 's is worse than dying at Armageddon. Therefore, I had nothing to lose by turning apostate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit