CONFIRMED Book Study amalgamated with the TMS and SM

by yesidid 135 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

It was hard to find locations and conductors in the last few years. I was thinking too of how many KHs have 2 or more congregations meeting in them. This might free up time. But now when Thursday night rolls around, I'll be missing 3 meetings in one night. I think the attention span of the average jw has decreased too. That means that fewer people will have any opportunity to "participate."

Some jws will just interpret this as "the end is near."

Blondie

• VM44
    VM44

This must be the big announcement to be made.

Why the secrecy about it?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

What a great scoop, this new "Mega Meeting!"

Soon in the USA, the book study meeting will be combined with the theocratic ministry school and service meeting; part of the move to less total meeting time each week. I know this is true because I read about it on JWD.

I'll go spread the good news.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

The message should add a link back to here.

Burn

• Samuel Thorsen
    Samuel Thorsen

I remember a quote from da Kingdom Ministry whem the proneer hours went down from 90 to 70. "

"What a wonderful gift from Jehovah" one pioneer said...

This is not a bad gift from Jehovah either....

• alamb
    alamb

Just texted my dad. They have already combined all those meetings and hold them on Tuesday "so as to gear up for FS the rest of the week." But they are still full length as far as I know.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    now when Thursday night rolls around, I'll be missing 3 meetings in one night.

You can be sure that there will be even more pressure not to miss this huge 'spiritual banquet.'

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Does anyone know if this is a worldwide change? I don't know how many of you have lived abroad but I could see them combining the meetings for the convenience of folks in less developed countries. Imagine walking 2 hours each way for a one hour meeting!

But I do think they will put a spin on it such as creating extra night for evening witnessing...and we all know how many folks show up for that...LOL.

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

I would like to know why do you think that the Governing Body is "tweaking" the scheduling of meetings? They have been shortening here, combining there. Why are they altering the meetings' schedule, do you think? What could their ulterior motives be? What are the real resons behind the "reasons"?

• watson

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit