CONFIRMED Book Study amalgamated with the TMS and SM

by yesidid 135 Replies latest jw friends

• sacolton
    sacolton
    and after a study in which you can answer easily, then you get tea and cakes..

I thought the British have tea and crumpets. Jolly good!

• chikikie
    chikikie

nope cake and tea is tops!

crumpets......yukie

Anyway when i went i never liked bookstudy night, i thought it was boring, I may even go back because of the news thats gonna be shortened to 25mins. The only problemo I have with midweek meetings is that its not very practical for children. children dont do well when they go to bed late. I Know just one mega meeting on a sunday, 4 hours long with field services afters..... 8-12 for first congo 1-5 for second congo, sounds like a better plan!

The only problemo I have with midweek meetings is that its not very practical for children. children dont do well when they go to bed late. I Know just one mega meeting on a sunday, 4 hours long with field services afters..... 8-12 for first congo 1-5 for second congo, sounds like a better plan!

Is that the only "problem" you have with midweek meetings orchestrated by a cult with a history of exploiting children and inflicting serious mental trauma upon them? A better plan is to put your children's interests first, and just say "no" to forcing them to sit unnaturally still and quiet during jprogramming sessions that you apparently find to be desirable.

• sacolton
    sacolton

I can only imagine how the hard-liners and old-timers will feel about this news. They would probably see this as unfair since they did this routine for DECADES ... and now THIS?!! Some bitterness towards how the new generation is having it so easy and the organization is being "soft". I think some feelings are going to be hurt.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

The intimate Bible Study Group is how the organization began.

They are leaving their core competency.

• still_in74
    still_in74
    With gasoline at $3.50 a gallon here in the U.S

WOW you are so lucky.... I just paid $1.20 per LITRE !! $4.80/GALLON in Canada

You Americans have it all!

• JWRESEARCH
    JWRESEARCH

Just to confirm, as far as we know This is a worldwide change

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    If it happens it shows that the Wt has no idea about motivation and psychology

well that was evident when they stopped food at conventions etc..in the name of simplication...twas only simple for the brass...made it more complicated for the r & f.

and wasn't the group meant to be preperation for persecution...have they arranged for persecution to be abandoned too

WOW you are so lucky.... I just paid $1.20 per LITRE !! $4.80/GALLON in Canada

WOW you are so lucky..i just paid £1.10 per litre....mind you we do have more litres in our gallon in the uk...but then we have to pay more per gallon...!! £1.10 x 4.54 = £4.99 per gallon...thats $10.00 at todays exchange rate

you north americans have it all

• ssrriotsquad
    ssrriotsquad

We pay from $1.50 per litre which equals US$4.05 per gallon(US) or £2.991 per litre (UK)

• pseattle2
    pseattle2

(Sigh) Why couldn't they have done this in 1973, when I was 6? I could've watched Happy Days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit