CONFIRMED Book Study amalgamated with the TMS and SM

by yesidid 135 Replies latest jw friends

• Ruth Eeker
    Ruth Eeker

WOW...well bookstudy attendance has become a "issue" the last couple of years as well as homes that are open
    to having it.

Now they can have fantastic attendance records for Thursday's nights cause everyone will want to take
    advantage of this great provision of combining the bookstudy with the ministry school. haha

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Apostates are truely a blessed people. We receive the food at the proper time and before anyone else. Just like manna from heaven. We can now go out and preach this news to the r&f and show all who listen the way to truth.

• besty
    besty

Public Talk shortened to 30 mins

TMS/Service Meeting/CBS combined

Monthly hours for pioneers reduced

Is Teddy J still da man?

• cognac
    cognac

This is the way I look at it:

Less meetings = Less Brainwashing!

I hope I'm right...

• DJK
    DJK
    book study will be 25 minutes, school 30 minutes, and service meeting 35 minutes with a total meeting time of 1hr 45 min with songs and prayer.

From my experience, the only meetings that ever ended on time were the ones cancelled during a snow storm. They always ran 10 minutes over.

• lrkr
    lrkr

Does anyone else see this as an anti-apostate, more centralized control of the message move. Small group studies where everyone has a chance to participate and people can go off on tangents are the perfect opportunity for "apostate" thinking to arise. In the 70's and 80's when they were fighting "apostasy" the first move was to eliminate the small group Watchtower studies at Bethel.

This matches the 30 minute public talk move. More centralized control- less opportunity for individual expression. The borg continues its path to becoming a corporate, centrally controlled religion.

• alamb
    alamb

My parent's hall started having the book studies after the Sunday meeting about a month ago. This is weird timing. Wonder how they swung that one?

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I think this must mean that I'm going to be 17% more spiritual!!! I'll only be missing one of the two meetings a week (50%) instead of two of the three (67%) as it currently is.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Since this has not been announced at the Kingdom Halls yet, I think it would be fun for us to visit as many internet JW sites and youtube presentations as possible and leave a comment that apostates are now predicting that the book study will be a new part of the TMS/SM meeting.

People will insist that we're full of crap, and then it will happen.

See ya, gotta go make some posts!

OK, I'm back. YouTube only allows a user to post five comments, then begins popping up warnings that the commenting limit has been exceeded. So I am asking YOU -- yes, YOU -- to log in to YouTube, do a search for "Jehovah's Witnesses," sort the list by VIEW COUNT (so that the most popular videos will get comments on them) and post a comment like this:

Soon in the USA, the book study meeting will be combined with the theocratic ministry school and service meeting; part of the move to less total meeting time each week. I know this is true because I read about it on JWD.

Try to put the message on non-apostate youtube videos so that active, loyal JWs will see the message.

Don't worry if the site has to "approve" the message before it appears; it will be seen by at least one JW, and that plants a virus...

I'm on it.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

This makes sense. The less number of nights each congregation utilizes, the more congregations they can squeeze in per Kingdom Hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit