huge announcement after the Watchtower study on the 27 of April?

by Dogpatch 140 Replies latest jw friends

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

They probably just want to wish everyone happy Eastern Orthodox Easter.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

they will systematically make amends- financially and otherwise to all former members for the failies they have torn apart. they will start on a campainge to find all former members- each and every person if possible.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

They are announcing they feel bad about missing my birthday today.

(and everyone else's birthday this month)

Seriously, they are gonna apologize for tearing up families, protecting pedophiles, and being stuck on stupid for the last 10 decades!!

They are refunding everyone's money, with interest, of course!!

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I think if a really important announcement was going to be made it would have been leaked on here already - probably months ago. Anyone check the archives yet? It was such a big deal that we probably all forgot!

Sunday announcements are always anti-climatic. Do you remember the big one they built up to and it was that all those with 30 years in the WTS would be able to go to the annual meeting or something like that?

Only the WTS would think inviting the friends to YET ANOTHER meeting would be a big deal!

What do you think it is Randy?

S4

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

The important thing to remember here is the Dub vocabulary - huge to the normal person is not necessarily huge to the dubs. I mean these guys are experts at making anticlimactic statements! When was the last time as a dub you actually got excited over one of their "very important meetings?" It got to be more like, "stay tuned for a very special episode of Blossom"!!!!

brunn

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Could be a fire drill. Doing one simultaneously worldwide would unite the brotherhood like no other religion.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Funny how real news, like the generation change, just gets slipped past the comatose multitudes without fanfare.

Or the pedophile scandal - doesn't get announced at all.

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

The only reason they announced a "special announcement" for the 27th is so attendance wouldn't drop off too far the week after the special talk...

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    The WTS is the the worst group I've ever seen for building up expectations for what turns out to be really nothing at all.

Absolively and posilutely true!

• garybuss
    garybuss

When a book printing, real estate development, and event sponsoring company makes an announcement guess what they always announce . . . a book, a real estate deal, or a rally.

Real changes are snuck through and spun down. There are still living Witnesses who haven't heard of the 1995 generation change. The only Jehovaz Witness public announcements I've ever seen have been sales hype.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit