Born in or Converted to JW? What are the stats here? and why....

by oompa 81 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

can't everyone just put this one item on their profile before posting. It seems like most posters have NO profile, but this info could help in several ways. I am just guessing, but it seems like more here were born in.....your thoughts on this?......oompa

• dinah
    dinah

Yeah most of us seem to be born-in. It is on my profile.

• Casper
    Casper

Converted 1984, it's in my profile. I agree it would be nice to know.

• dinah
    dinah

Casper,

I have a hard time wrapping my mind around someone joining willingly. It happens, I just dont understand. Maybe because seeing it from birth and having the perspective I have now makes me wonder.

Maybe that realization is what makes us born-ins look so rebellious. We're not bad kids, we just wanted out. Acting up was the only way out.

Maybe we had it easier as far as getting out. But damn we went through hell to get where we are (and are still going).

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Well here's another one Dinah. Converted in '88

• Casper
    Casper

Dinah,

I think It would be harder for a "Born-In" to leave the witnesses. It's all you've ever known.... To go out on your own, into a world that to some, is very foreign... I commend you all...

As for why one would convert to such, for me it's the same ole, same ole... they got to me at a very low time in my life. I blabbed it all in my profile...

Coming out was easier for me, I had no family in and a whole family to run to. I wish it were as simple for others.

Cas

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

may as well say "born in"....age 4 or 5 parents were baptized...no choice...

my question is: why did I stay after I became an adult? I dont have an answer. My 2 younger brothers left once they were old enough to....

Snakes ()

• brinjen
    brinjen

Practically born in. My mother went back to them when I was two, she was a born in as well, remained that way til the day she died.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Born in.

• potleg
    potleg

I can remember one birthday party and one Christmas celebration...my mother was sucked in when I was about 4 or 5.

Instead of serving a life sentence I got out after 30 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit