Born in or Converted to JW? What are the stats here? and why....

by oompa 81 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
    dinah

Hmm, I'm noticing alot of controlling mothers also. Wonder how many of us had moms who were responsible for dragging us along?

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

born in. I'd love to hear the experiences of those who were converted by dor to door witnessing!

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

Born in. It's in my profile:

Born and raised one of Jehovah's Witnesses, baptized in my mid teens, disfellowshipped and reinstated twice in my early 20's, and finally faded in 2006. I am still trying to learn the truth about The Truth. I find the commonality I have with other posters here therapeutic. I just want inner peace.

2nd generation - my parents converted before I was born. I'm faded now.

Also count me in as one with a very controlling mother. I miss her so much. But my life is much more peaceful when I limit my contact with her. She alters between talking to me and feeling guilty about it so then making up for it by shunning me. The hot/cold thing is so much fun (not).

• Guest39
    Guest39

Baptized summer of 1977 at age 27. I liked to study and they certainly did!

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

3rd generation - born to 2 pioneers (my infant self put a stop to that activity )

Didn't manage to get out until 30 years later. Parents still seriously in.

• noni1974
    noni1974

Born in 4th generation.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

third generation. My mother left briefly, ran away to marry a sailor, then returned to the fold with two little kids, eventually a third kid. That's one way the WTS increases membership, by the way. They just don't admit to it!!!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Born in.

Elder's boy.

Watching a movie today...have a few regrets. What can you do? Time only winds one way.

Burn

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

well my mother became one when I was about 3/4 so pretty much born and raised one.

• oompa
    oompa

This is for Rebel Wife....I kinda thoght the same thing..............oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit