Born in or Converted to JW? What are the stats here? and why....

by oompa 81 Replies latest jw friends

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I was 9 when my parents started studying.

-Aude.

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

I was 8 when my parents started studying in '93.

Still in, but leaving when the time is right.

• dinah
    dinah

Chameleon,

If you were 8, then it was too late to raise you from infancy......they had to double time brainwash ya. Didn't you notice all of the sudden you had no freedom?

I just can't understand why someone would join up. Alot of us here are 3rd and 4th generation, and everyone shakes their head if our names come up. We are an abomination to our mothers because they didn't "keep a watch" on us. My mother is the reason why I can't trust women to this day. She was taught to control me like the Org controlled her.

I know a low point is one thing, but dayuuum. I guess they have a catch you on a low, make you feel good for a little while, then you on your own. So much for that "love they had at first".

• Casper
    Casper

That "Love Bombing" ends real quick.....after baptism...

Cas

• oompa
    oompa

So far only two converts...Casper and Wha happened? All the youngins did not convert, but are virtual "born ins" since they had no choice, and could only adapt.

I think it would be interesting to know what we could learn statistically from this site as to the percentage of those leaving who inherited this faith vs. those who chose it. Maybe Simon could put a check box on new sign-ups for this info..............oompa

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Born in. 3rd Generation, both sets of grandparents converted in the 50's.

• flipper
    flipper

OOMPA- I was about as born in as you can get ! I absolutely had no choice out of the womb ! Mom and dad had been in it 8 years already when me ( the last child punk in the street came along ! ) I do explain it in my profile for anyone wanting to know ! Peace out to all , Mr. Flipper

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

Born in.

• Casper
    Casper

That's a great idea Oompa,

I guess I hadn't realized the ratio of converts, compared to born ins, was so low.

It's a whole different story, when you are converted... YOU make a choice... and some of us, look back and just shake our heads and think... "What the hell happen"...

Cas

• asilentone
    asilentone

Born in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit