A STUNNINGLY simple question about JOHN 3:16 "For God so Loved the world."

by Terry 384 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• snowbird
    snowbird

Love is not static; it makes things happen.

If a woman or a man loves fishing, that love will move her/him to go fishing again and again - whether the catch is good or not!

God's love for His human creation caused Him to reach out for us again and again, finally culminating in the the greatest act in the universe - allowing His dearly Beloved to die instead of us.

Sylvia

• Perry
    Perry

No one wants to take a stab at the question "Why would a merciful judge be merciful".

I mean, on the surface at least, this seems to be a far simplier question since the law is quite clear.

Will not even one Atheist try to answer this stunningly simple question?

• Terry
    Terry

I must say, it is a bit scary watching Perry self-destruct in front of my eyes like this. My heart goes out to him.

Usually, when somebody wants to avoid answering a question, there is a bit more finesse in the deflection. But, Perry has blown his fuse altogether and is thrashing around like a landed crappy in the bottom of a fishing boat.

Perry is the guy who loves to go fishing. He is the one who trolls and likes to reel them in for ego parade.

This time, Perry got landed and his ego won't fit inside the creel!

Now, back to our regularly scheduled Topic....

On what basis does God "elect"?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Love is not static; it makes things happen.

If a woman or a man loves fishing, that love will move her/him to go fishing again and again - whether the catch is good or not!

God's love for His human creation caused Him to reach out for us again and again, finally culminating in the the greatest act in the universe - allowing His dearly Beloved to die instead of us.

Sylvia

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." At once they left their nets and followed him.

• Perry
    Perry

Hi Terry, so nice to see you join your own thread.

I answered your question several times on this thread. Surely fairness would require you to answer a similar one of mine, right?

Why would a merciful judge be merciful?

And remember, the answer is not what some might think.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I feel like Perry is giving us a lesson on the delusion of mythology

A nonsensical ideology with no structure or conclusion, maybe this is caused by all that spirituality he maintains

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    "Why would a merciful judge be merciful". The more astute among you will note the similarity in sentence structure to the apparently unanswerable quandry, "Why does a man who loves fishing, go fishing?

Fishing isn't a quality. Syntactical similarity, maybe, semantic similarity, certainly not.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

It is pretty obvious to anyone who has ever had the ultimate in all fishing expeditions that it is the unlikely hope that they will get swallowed by a whale and recued by god and branded a veritable Captain Ahab for having not only caught up with the whale but resided in it entrails till rumours spread far and wide that this individual indeed has been spotted with a Moby Dick thereafter being followed around by heards of enchanting females!

It is the classic 'get god on your side and have women drooling over you' manoevre!

Now Perry go tread your mill and grind some corn!

Then go lick someones hind quarters and save them from choking to death so you can feel you did something valuable!

• Terry
    Terry
    Why would a merciful judge be merciful?

Activist Judges let child molesters go free based on ideology. Some excuse their behavior by pointing to what the person suffered in childhood. Those shown this sort of "mercy" go on to re-offend other innocent children.

The personal value system of a Judge often over-rides common sense. Many judicial outrages have been in the news as a result of rulings made in favor of the worst offenders simply because the Judge has Liberal views. Placing the public in harm's way by showing "mercy" to offenders demonstrates the power of the bench run amok.

Legitimate reasons for showing leniency is a willingness on the part of an accused person to make restitution, admit guilt, enter a program of rehabilitation and make a reasonable presentation of their ability to keep their word.

The success rate for mercy in the prison system is unhappily quite low. Recidivism rates outdistance successes by a wide margin.

Why do you ask?

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I thought my 'side-dish' a useful addition, but now we are straying by default - surely the meal wasn't that bland?

The whole prison mularkey is one one which punishes offenders brought up in a society due to its placing responsibility and expectation on one group of humans over another to an extent that it predisposses them to angst, stresses, conflicts and ultimate breakdowns respecting all the expectations placed upon them by said society - hence falling into veritable 'sin' 'crime' deviance' perversionas' or whatever you thesaurus!

The WTBTS should give those who've been through its chambers additional perspectives on the next level of what it feels like to be massively overburdened and expected of till one cant even think along what one essentially stands for as a human! Maybe females feel what many males feel in regular society as oppressive, whilst under WT controls?

And maybe you Terry, having experienced more layers of expectation to conformity to systems you perceive as flawed but which are intolerant of difference, have even more reason to offer perspective than most?

The idea that wrongdoers are slaves to their own wrongdoing indefinitely though, or even that they would still do it given another persons circumstances as a reality, is something very subjective IMO - as indeed is much of what constitutes human behaviour - to the extent that many feel a 'god son' an essential element in reform! If it helps establish a reality others find reassuring, I imagine it leaves some with few alternatives?

Whether it's to do with gods love I'm not altogether clear about!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit