A STUNNINGLY simple question about JOHN 3:16 "For God so Loved the world."

by Terry 384 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

I've been reading some of the weightier theology books I have access to at work (BOOKSTORE:Religion:Theology section) and notice my complaints are actually a brance of already-existing theology. Truly, there is nothing new under the sun.

Calvinism, Presbyteriansim and such want God to have planned everybody's election from the start. They justify the "seeming" injustice of the playing favorites as under the heading of God's Soverignty.

All this means (God's Soverignty) is that He is bigger, stronger and more powerful--so, He can do whatever He sees fit.

This isn't a bully, of course. Why? He's "god". A fragile distinction, if you ask me.

God's love, as it turns out, is whatever you want to see it as being and their is no basis for it other than the fact God plays his cards deuces wild. God can pull wild cards out of thin air and the rest of us must play the hand we are dealt.

Lovely. Just lovely.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

God's love, as it turns out, is whatever you want to see it as being and their is no basis for it other than the fact God plays his cards deuces wild. God can pull wild cards out of thin air and the rest of us must play the hand we are dealt.

Lovely. Just lovely.

You want to be God Terry?

(And no I am not a Calvinist, quite the opposite, but I can live with God playing the cards however he likes)

Burn

• bebu
    bebu
    Here is where your perspective limits you again. 'Wasteful' and 'petty' are subjective terms requiring you to first know things you don't know. You would have to know what the eventual cost to benefit would be to the species in order to determine whether the process described in the Bible is wasteful. You would have to know the importance on a scale and scope beyond your ability to comprehend in order to determine whether the process is petty. Yet, you authoritatively throw these subjective judgments around about a being you don't believe to exist. You even seem to believe your doing so is rational, somehow.

Excellently stated, AS... (as usual! )

bebu

• myelaine
    myelaine

just gonna throw this out there for you to chew on......if you want...

Daniel 12:2

1 Corinthians 15:22-23

John 6:39, 40, 44, 54

John 5:28...Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth...

Mark 13:27...And then He will send His angels, and gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest part of earth to the farthest part of heaven.

love michelle

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Burn

You want to be God Terry?

Well, it seems he wants to show believers who's boss.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Can't help myself...Don't fret though Terry'll get the pun.....

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Oh thats funny!

As a jest of course.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev
    If you don't play the game out... how do you know who the TRUE winner is?

Honestly, your analogy makes me sick! So all the mess we are in, is because God needs to be a winner? All the pain and suffering that has taken place over time, is because God needs to be a winner!? Explain to me how this is loving?

Your reasoning and logic are the same that men came up with thousands of years ago. It's as human then as it is now!

• AGuest
    AGuest
    So all the mess we are in, is because God needs to be a winner?

God? No! God can't lose... dear kerj2leev. But Adam could of. And what would have been lost... is US. The "mess we are in" is because of ADAM... and God is playing it out because DEATH holds US... and will not let go unless and until the game is played out. Death... believes HE can be the winner... and admittedly, it appears this could be true. But we're supposed to know better, which is what keeps US... from running out of hope.

All the pain and suffering that has taken place over time, is because God needs to be a winner!?

All of the pain and suffering is because that was what Adam "bought" for US... with his "ante."

Explain to me how this is loving?

Well, the Most Holy One of Israel COULD have said, "Oh, well, ain't my fight... ain't my game"... and walked away. HE... could have refused to play out Adam's hand... or folded. He is playing it out... to the bitter end... because that is the game DEATH dealt.

If folks want to "kick" someone for what is going on... kick the self-absorbed, inexperienced player, Adam. HE let HIS selfish desire get him into a game he knew nothing about playing. Give THANKS, however, the One who condescended to take over Adam's no-win hand... and turn it around.

True, it seems as if it's taking awhile for the game to play out... but that's because we can only view it from our time perspective. In this light, those who believe the earth took billions of years to form... a mere few thousand years to conclude this matter is nothing more than a blink. Put it in perspective.

I bid you peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Well, it seems he wants to show believers who's boss.

Once he starts pulling a Universe out of his hat ex nihilo then I'll start believing.

Burn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit