Men - Do You Know What Women Really Want in a Relationship ?

by flipper 89 Replies latest jw friends

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Tatiana

Shame you live in the States.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Good morning everyone! Mr Flipper, you knew of course that this would be a fiery question, and not one for the feint of heart. LOL. It takes one with alot of life's expierence to answer this question honestly and not selfishly.

The young are looking at life and marriage through rose colored glasses. They haven't considered the impact that one's upbringing has on their perspective mate/partners' life. It was only after 31 years of my first marriage that I knew what my ex wanted in a man. In my ex's case, she wanted a man like her father. He was a meek mouse of a man. He kept to himself and wasn't very demonstrative. I was the opposite. I had needs that she wasn't able to fulfill, according to her own psyche. I'm not saying that she couldn' fulfill them, she just wasn't prepared to emotionally. And, after a number of years I realized this and she did also, but the damage had already been done.

So, when I remarried, I KNEW what my new brides needs and desires were and I was capable of satisfying them. It didn't have to necessarily be sexual, emotional, or physical. A touch, a smile, holding hands, walking side by side, just a KNOWING look, these all go a long way.

Being honest with a woman and putting her interests before your own goes a long way.

I treasure and cherish my wife, I respect her in ALL things and most of all I LIVE MY LIFE for her as she does for me.

We are very much in tune with one another it's often times scary.

Take care dear friends, I hope you too can figure this one out on your own.

NMG

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I hav no ideya wot any of them reelly want! Its jus to much of a problem even thinkin abowt it!

Wy bother?

R they wurth it reelly?

I think not!

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

They’ve hardly said a word on THEIR thread that Mr. Flipper so kindly made for them.

Too busy telling men that their opinions are wrong….

Typical…….

I apologize...didn't know there was another thread. This is the only one I saw. You know, I could say "typical" when talking about my ex who cheated, but I'm not going to lump all men together. It's a shame you do that to women.

nomoreguilt..your wife is lucky and so are you. I applaud you for just "loving."

doofdaddy...hey, they make airplanes now.altI hope you don't hold being an American against me. alt

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Well Tatiana

I love your honesty and guts.

I will be in Bali next week. Samoa in 6 months. Do you fly too?

Or is that something exclusive to males? Lol

Andy

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Well Tatiana

I love your honesty and guts.

I will be in Bali next week. Samoa in 6 months. Do you fly too?

Or is that something exclusive to males? Lol

Andy

alt

Hi Andy. alt Wow, Bali and Samoa? Nice. I've always wanted to visit Australia. I'd ask a few questions but don't want to get too personal. After all, I just met you. alt

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

The want everything!.........and if they ever had EVERYTHING they would cease to have a purpose in life.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

In my experience, women generally are looking for the following:

A guy who is sensitive, but still masculine, a good listener, intelligent enough to carry on a conversation about a variety of subjects, knows what she's thinking without her having to tell him, a good sense of humor, but knows when to be serious, caring, thoughtful, not rich, but self-sustaining, willing to try new things, willing to listen to opposing viewpoints, not afraid to show his feelings, but in a restrained and dignified manner, helps out around the house, likes to take long walks in the park to view nature, likes her mother, but not a mama's boy, faithful, and most of all, dependable.

Unless he's super good-looking, then he needs no other positive attributes.

• berylblue
    berylblue

I'll tell you what I'd like - other than sex - I would like to do something exciting once in a rare while. I would like to do something romantic. I finally got up the nerve to point out that we did not go out for our five year anniversary - and he said, OK, we can go out for Valentines Day - and PROMPTLY INVITED HIS SON ALONG. Fortunately his son was as appalled as I was.

But we never went.....

Life CANNOT be all work. It CANNOT be all worry. Just like in the thread on racism, as I mentioned that we all need to move on from the past, my man needs to get over the horrible things which happened to him because over ten years later, there is NOTHING anyone can do about it.

(His wife and daughter falsely accused him of heinous crimes.)

Now I can't imagine what it's like being thrown in prison for something you didn't do (the charges were dropped eventually because he was innocent), but to relive it over and over and just reject all suggestions of how to get help, etc....

I'm sorry - I'm just really hurting and I'm so lonely and depressed. Please - just take me out once every few months. I don't ask for anything other than that, really.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I've read that women want to experience a full range of emotions, in a relationship. Thus, things are sailing along quite happily, when she suddenly flips the boat. She wants to lead, wants to be led, wants the love, the lust, the respect, wants to be taken care of, wants to be dominated, tests the mettle of her man often, wants a scrap now and then, wants to be thrown for a loop, etc. So, i have heard. But, i know nothing about this stuff ;)

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit