Men - Do You Know What Women Really Want in a Relationship ?

by flipper 89 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

These are for Beryl and others who are in the same boat:

Lyrics by: Carly Simon
    Music by: Carly Simon

Take a look around now
    Change the direction
    Adjust the tuning
    Try a new translation
    Don't look at your man in the same old way
    Take a new picture
    Just because you don't see shooting stars
    Doesn't mean it isn't perfect
    Can't you see

It's the stuff that dreams are made of
    It's the slow and steady fire
    It's your heart and soul's desire

So what's this about your best friend?
    She's got a brand new shiny boy
    And they're moving out to Malibu
    To play with all his pretty toys
    And you feel closed in by the same four walls
    The same old conversation
    With the same old guy you've known for years
    But use your imagination
    And you will see

It's the slow and steady fire
    It's your heart and soul's desire

What if the Prince on the horse in your fairytale
    Is right here in disguise?
    And what if the stars you've been reaching so high for
    Are shining in his eyes?
    Oh yeah

Don't look at yourself in the same old way
    Take another picture
    Shoot the stars off in your own backyard
    Don't look any further
    And you will see
    It's the stuff that dreams are made of....

• flipper
    flipper

SERENDIPITY- I agree that a woman wants a man who is their best friend. Same for men , at least me anyway. My wife and I are best friends . I think both men and women should equally bring good things to the relationship and be giving equal effort to make it work and grow. The relationship needs practical things to fuel it ; and intangible things like chemistry. I'm a big chemistry guy. But I agree everyone is different.

BARBIE DOLL- I agree . Men and women both want happiness . Understanding and good loving and friendship! My wife and I like being affectionate publicly as well !

FINALLY FREE- I know where you are coming from. I had a first marriage where my ex-wife put $ 20,000 on credit cards towards the end at the time of divorce - about broke me. And I dated a former girlfriend who was wealthy - but I spent thousands of $$$ trying to please her, then she left me for her daughter's high school music instructor ! So, I have lived the experience , believe me ! But, there are some jewels of women out there - just gotta be patient till the right one comes along !

MR. MAJESTIC- I know you aren't bitter guy ! I understand your frustration - been there done that in my past ! Keep your chin up Mr. Bronson !

FLYING HIGH NOW- I agree there is no pat formula . It is good when women and me really take the time to get to know one another as individuals completely ! Each relationship is different and unique ! Totally agree ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

MR. MAJESTIC- The Chris Rock u-tube was hilarious ! Thanks !

BARBIE DOLL- That's so good you help PEC save money ! You guys sound like you have a good, happy marriage like my wife and me.

LOOSIE- I'm glad you are happy in your relationship . Glad you have a good man.

BERYL BLUE- I agree we have to be happy in our situation if it's not abusive. I'm sorry you are in a situation that is depressing. I hope you get comfort soon . Hang in there

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

It varies from woman to woman and relationship to relationship

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I've known what I wanted since I was 12. I posted it before.

....a spiritualalt/not religious......open-minded, non-conforming, peace-loving, alt honest, artistic, altlong-haired, non-smoking, health-conscious, feminist, (which only means someone who doesn't think they're "helping" ME clean up the house) .......a kind, dancing altman. (Although in my more knowledgeable years, I'm thinking a woman wouldn't be too bad.)

A man who thinks alt is from the devil...

Someone who can spell. Who can hold an intelligent conversation about religion, politics, Dafur, etc, Who can dress up or dress down. Romantic, but not jealous. Real love and jealousy do not mix. Jealousy is something I can't take. Two grown people are going to do what they want to do no matter what. So, why be jealous? You don't have to know where I am 24/7, and I don't want to know where you are either. I'm a grown-ass woman....not a kid. Also, I'm not so insecure that if I don't know where you are, I get frantic and start calling all your friends. Just let me know you're ok. No, I will NEVER break into your email account!

Living together is not on my agenda at the moment. Did that for 7 years in my last relationship. If I ever did decide to live with anyone again, I want my own bedroom. I need privacy and space. I need "alone" time. Although, sneaking into my room at night is very welcome......... , as I am a sex fiend, so you'd have to be very kinky, alt experimental, and adventurous. altalt (NO, NO, NO--not THAT adventurous!!) A giver, since I am a giver. No takers.

Social drinker......or not.

I have this bad habit of telling someone what I want up front, so there are no misunderstandings. I remember my last relationship, when we were just friends going out to dinner and working together. One day at lunch, he asked me what I wanted in a relationship. I said, "Total honesty." And I meant it. I told him that I didn't believe in cheating. And if I ever felt that things were wrong and I felt like I wanted something else, I'd tell him first. I'd never cheat first and talk later. I told him if a man cheated on me behind my back, he'd be gone the same day. The thing is, he told me all excitedly.."Yes, Yes, that's all I want to. That's what I was looking for. Honesty." I gave him the "jealousy" rant (above) and he loved it. "Yeah, I hate jealous women."

Obviously he didn't think I meant it, because he cheated on me and I found out. Then he was all devastated and crying because I packed his stuff. Did I not state what I wanted in that restaurant years ago? Being drunk and cheating is not an excuse. Guys....a little advice....NEVER tell a woman who finds out you cheated that it meant absolutely nothing to you. alt That's the worst thing you can say.

• chikikie
    chikikie

The thing is women are different from men on many levels.........

We want a man to tick many many boxes, jump thru hoops, scale walls and give us flowers (when he hasnt cheated or done something wrong!)

Men are simple, Women you dont need 10 wins to get a men excited? you just need one...............................

YOU SHOW UP! men are simple.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

I'm always intrigued by threads like this; on a thread where the question is directed toward men, if you take Mr Flippers responses out, more women have replied, by far, than men.

I presume therefore; 1)Women already know the answers. 2)Women don't feel the need to listen to mans thoughts without telling him he's wrong. 3) Women want men to respond to them the same way.

So, as a man I'll have a go at the question. I think 1) Love and companionship. 2) Emotional security. 3) Financial security. 4) Sex and conversation.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I'm always intrigued by threads like this; on a thread where the question is directed toward men, if you take Mr Flippers responses out, more women have replied, by far, than men.

I presume therefore; 1)Women already know the answers. 2)Women don't feel the need to listen to mans thoughts without telling him he's wrong. 3) Women want men to respond to them the same way.

So, as a man I'll have a go at the question. I think 1) Love and companionship. 2) Emotional security. 3) Financial security. 4) Sex and conversation.
    Well, since JK came right out and said NO, I just thought I'd help. As for your answers...#1..yes. #2. Define emotional security. #3. No, I have learned never to depend on anyone else for finances. Has to be 50/50 in a relationship. And if it doesn't work out, I can stand on my own and leave. #4. I think this should be #3.

• berylblue
    berylblue

Flying - it doesn't play - But I'm sure your thoughts were very comforting.

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic
    on a thread where the question is directed toward men, if you take Mr Flippers responses out, more women have replied, by far, than men.

YEAH……

I was guna say that. They’ve hardly said a word on THEIR thread that Mr. Flipper so kindly made for them.

Too busy telling men that their opinions are wrong….

Typical…….

2)Women don't feel the need to listen to mans thoughts without telling him he's wrong.

Ouch…!! That is just too near the truth. You’s in trouble now……..LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit