Dress & Grooming for visiting Bethel. scans inside!!!!!11 LOL

by karvel 171 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

So our brochure on appropraite dress is posted on the notice board at the KH.

It shows that denim skirts are not appropriate for sisters. So the Body of Elders will no longer allow them at the hall or on the platform

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This is so bizarre, it has to be genuine, it has their copyright symbol and you can just see the stamp of the Borg on this. I suppose it is a leaflet to be sent to congo's organizing Bethel visits..As somebody said, have they got nothing better to think about? You would think that they would welcome the lad or girl who seemed a bit "worldly", in the hope that the visit would inspire them to be more "theocratic"..but that is being sensible.........The most dangerous element is that once this gets around, local elders will insist on it as a rule for the K.Hall. (and I have just posted on another thread that they are getting away from such rules these days,- trust the WT to prove me wrong!)

They seem to welcome those in traditional African dress, or Japanese kimono's ..they are all-covering , but are they really modest?

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This

mod·es·ty (mod'i-ste) Pronunciation Key
    n.
    1. The state or quality of being modest.
    2. Reserve or propriety in speech, dress, or behavior.
    3. Lack of pretentiousness; simplicity.

I see those clothes as attention grabbing which is immodest.. I am not not knocking them, the clothes are beautiful

, but hardly "reserved"

Compare :

(James 2:1-4) . . .

My brothers, YOU are not holding the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, our glory, with acts of favoritism, are YOU? 2 For, if a man with gold rings on his fingers and in splendid clothing enters into a gathering of YOU, but a poor [man] in filthy clothing also enters, 3 yet YOU look with favor upon the one wearing the splendid clothing and say: "You take this seat here in a fine place," and YOU say to the poor one: "You keep standing," or: "Take that seat there under my footstool," 4 YOU have class distinctions among yourselves and YOU have become judges rendering wicked decisions, is that not so?

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

Blues, I was thinking the exact same thing. The traditional costumes of international cultures are so eye catching and beautiful...but couldn't someone on the GB point a finger and say that they are drawing attention to themselves by dressing so flamboyantly or differently than the North American standard? I think the only reason they don't do that is because they like to make a public statement about how their cult is comprised of "every nation and tribe" etc.

But seriously, I thought this was a joke, Karvel having too much time on his hands?

• granhermano
    granhermano

JLo Style not aproved...LOL
    http://www.extj.com/foro/attachment.php?id=1881

I was trying to show that picture and this forum options are so FRUSTRATING!!! I can't stand it!!!

21-Mar-08 14:27 by granhermano: Correct formatting
    21-Mar-08 14:37 by granhermano: Correct formatting
    21-Mar-08 14:40 by granhermano: Correct formatting

Small Letters...messages are not expanded...You can't format messages...why is it so complicated...I don't get it...I am really mad...I place spaces and everything is together

• IcingHeart
    IcingHeart

This is most definitely not a joke. While they were reading the letter about the brochure at the meeting, I could NOT stop laughing my ass off! I wasn't very loud, but those behind me could see my shoulders laughing. I think they said something to eachother about it. The next part was an entire question box dedicated to what and what not to wear at bethel. I decided to take a bathroom break, and while I was walking down the aisle, I could feel people looking at me because my skirt was the same length as the "short skirt" not allowed in the brochure. Not to mention that I've been regularly wearing fishnets to the meeting for about a month now. I want to see how long I can get away with it before I get talked to. LOL

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

It's all about IMAGE. It always has been.

Wear your convention badges, even after the session is over.

Bethel is not the spiritual Mecca they make it out to be - just a glorified factory.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

ICing heart said: my skirt was the same length as the "short skirt" not allowed in the brochure. Not to mention that I've been regularly wearing fishnets to the meeting for about a month now.

Sister: What congregation is this that I may attend?

• Layla33
    Layla33
    This is most definitely not a joke. While they were reading the letter about the brochure at the meeting, I could NOT stop laughing my ass off! I wasn't very loud, but those behind me could see my shoulders laughing. I think they said something to eachother about it. The next part was an entire question box dedicated to what and what not to wear at bethel. I decided to take a bathroom break, and while I was walking down the aisle, I could feel people looking at me because my skirt was the same length as the "short skirt" not allowed in the brochure. Not to mention that I've been regularly wearing fishnets to the meeting for about a month now. I want to see how long I can get away with it before I get talked to. LOL

If you really want to mess with them wear the short skirt, fishnets and the plastic five inch heels worn by the likes of Pamela Anderson, Lorenzo Lamas's ex wife and countless others.

I honestly believe that some of what they are doing is bordering on civil right's violations especially towards women.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Oh geez....

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone
    Do you have to wear a friggen skirt or suit to the farm too???

Yup. Even in the 70s when they actually had a farm there, with livestock and vegetable fields. You had to walk through the dirt in your high heels.

And who uses the word "slacks" anymore, anyway??!?

GGG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit