Dress & Grooming for visiting Bethel. scans inside!!!!!11 LOL

by karvel 171 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freddo
    freddo

Oh, yeah - it's on all noticeboards and there is always one (at least) spiritual policeman elder that goes round yappin' about denim skirts in the kingdom hall too.

I'd love to print out that photoshopped copy above, cut out the pic of the girl in the witch costume and fix it to the copy on our noticeboard when no-one is looking! Someone tell me how to print out just that post - pretty please.

Oh and another thing! Why can the African brothers and sisters turn up with nightshirts and Quality-Street sweet wrappers on their heads?

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

2012 Official dress code for the field service

2012 Appropiate Convention dress code

2012 Official Magazine bag

2012 Official dress code for sisters getting baptized

2012 Official GB secretary's uniform

• poppers
    poppers

cyberjesus - you are so bad! LOL! I wonder what the girl is knitting - OMG!

• VIII
    VIII

Too funny!!

How does one get to visit Bethel?

• watson
    watson

Cyberjesus..as it should be!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ah, Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!! Velvet Ann said: "I visited the Vatican 4 years ago and they have dress codes but not like that. Women have to have their arms covered and no shorts. Men can't have shorts either but they do allow casual...."

It is so interesting that the WTBTS is becoming more "Catholic" than the Catholics....

Marking this thead with my comment for future reference...

And they fuss about LONG skirts???? Oy oy oy oy oy.... Zid

• blondie
    blondie

Can jws dress like this?

3pc-man-and-woman-outfit

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hi, Blondie! Someone previously commented on the lady standing in the ethnic garb in the brochure photo with the grand piano - I went back and looked, and sure enough, she's wearing PANTS!!! In the photo one can see the separation of the pant leg at her ankle - below the table that is conveniently hiding her pants...

I was going to comment - my girl buddies in the S.C.A. who are familiar with Medieval Middle Eastern garb, are very fond of that type of clothing because PANTS [slacks, I guess, to quote Katharine Hepburn...] are extremely common in ancient Middle Eastern garb...

And if my computer will co-operate, in a little while I'll post an Egyptian wall painting showing what the ancient Isra-EL-ites most likely wore...

Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

O-kay.... Here goes, I hope...

This photo of the Egyptian wall painting is from " Pp 12 of The Complete History of Costume and Fashion – From Ancient Egypt to the Present Day – by Bronwyn Cosgrave. Call letters 391.00962, Front Range Community College Library. Accompanying caption reads: “The Egyptians, originally from what we now know as Ethiopia , called themselves ‘remet-en-kemet’ – ‘people of the black land’. This Egyptian painting (Middle Kingdom, 19 th century BC) shows a traveling Semitic tribe (above) with Egyptians (below)...."

I find it absolutely hilarious that the Isra-EL-ites probably wore a rather fetching, off-the-shoulder dress or tunic. VERY different from the 14th-century, Muslim-style garments one usually sees in a typical "Bible Drama", onstage...

Can you just imagine the Bethelites' expressions if these people showed up, dressed like this??? Zid

• fokyc
    fokyc

bttt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit