Dress & Grooming for visiting Bethel. scans inside!!!!!11 LOL

by karvel 171 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• IcingHeart
    IcingHeart

What-A-Coincidence: Are you for serious? O_o

Layla33: I'll just rip out my stripper heels ;)

And I agree, they're taking away what little freedom and individuality one can have in this cult. Yeesh...

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

I vomit a little in my mouth seeing these. geez

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Chandler Bing voice- O.M.G.

I thought this was fake at first, its just too much.

ok, now I'm going to play a little "where's Waldo".

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

My Ghod this is amazing!

They micromanage and talk down to you people, and treat you like children.

How do you put up with it?

• fokyc
    fokyc

Many thanks to Karvel for the scans, if I hadn't seen them I would never have believed it!

A PDF is now available,

You can access this by clicking the following link:

http://www.box.net/shared/u51jvagoww

fokyc

• MOG
    MOG

I dont blame that brother in the first picture smiling..

• chickpea
    chickpea

how do you spell pharisee?

They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men (Mat. 15:8-9).

• DT
    DT

This kind of thing makes me sick. The elders can use this to enforce dress and grooming standards at the Kingdom Halls, but the Society can claim that they don't have rules about how you have to dress at the Kingdom Hall, even though they hint that you should follow these same rules there too. They use a controlling atmosphere that turns hints into rules and then they deny that they have the rules.

• samiam2b
    samiam2b

Ok, now my previous posting at http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/140004/1.ashx makes perfect sense. Wait... do you think that I am the sole reason for this "food needed at the proper time" or whatever cliche they use for it?

• nelly136
    nelly136

i can remember examples given at meetings or assemblies where they emphasised the dress code, eg thieves pickpockets had been caught as their dress was out of place compared to the witnesses, allowing the attendants/security to spot 'outsiders' and watch them.

if my fuddled memory serves me correctly there may have also been an example where someone who was running from the police had dashed into a convention and mingled with the crowd to try and hide, but as they were dressed differently to everyone else they stood out like a sore thumb and were apprehended.

am guessing some of these days witnesses are not keeping their ends up properly so its a 'timely' reminder lol

there also seem to be more bethel tour companies sprouting up on the net, maybe they're not policing their punters as well as some of the older more established companies. the older ones have always stated about dress.

http://www.bethel-tours.com/FAQ.htm

What is the Dress Code?

The Society suggests a dress code be set up for the trip because everywhere we stop we give a witness. We want the trip to be comfortable and memorable for everyone, so we have set forth guidelines that are reasonable and still allow room for personal preference. Please let your desire to bring honor to Jehovah’s name be reflected in how you dress.

All clothing, casual or touring, must be clean, neat, and modest. Of course, when we are visiting the Society’s facilities, baptized brothers and sisters and their children should dress in meeting clothes (suits/dresses and comfortable shoes). Before packing, please read the June 2002 Our Kingdom Ministry Question Box on page 2, as it clearly answers the question, "What standard of dress and grooming should we observe when visiting Bethel homes and branch facilities?".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit