Dress & Grooming for visiting Bethel. scans inside!!!!!11 LOL

by karvel 171 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• White Dove
    White Dove

Loosie,

That's what I was talking about, sort of. I would go gothic but without a white white face. Black everything and thick eyeliner.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I don't go goth to rituals or anywhere else because that isn't what Wicca is about, but I definately have an outfit I could put together for it and the desire to taunt them Yes, I do think that dressing like Morticia Addams would make them wince

• razorMind
    razorMind

Okay, I'm pretty much positive that the sister in the purple (in the grand piano photo) is wearing a salwar kameez. Which is....well, has, um, PANTS!!!

#1....What's the difference between that outfit and a nice dressy pantsuit? There are a lot of Western-style feminine pantsuits that don't look much different.

#2....Do they forbid sisters to wear salwar kameez to meetings/conventions/Bethel? If they do, I do NOT agree with them being considered 'inappropriate' attire. They're beautiful outfits---I own several--and I'm thinking about wearing one the next time I go to a convention.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Razor,

What is that pantsuit you mentioned? Are they skirtlike shorts but not skorts?

• razorMind
    razorMind

Razor,

What is that pantsuit you mentioned? Are they skirtlike shorts but not skorts?

Salwar kameez (I think also spelled 'shalwar qamiz')......it's a tunic (kameez) with baggy pants (salwar). Indian and Paksitani ladies wear them. The tunic can be all sorts of cuts and styles but the basic outfit is the same....a tunic that usually reaches to at least mid-thigh, pants and a neck scarf. The pants are very voluminous at the top (like MC hammer pants)...sometimes they fit baggy all over, other styles are tight on the leg and scrunchy like leggings, some of the more "Western" -inspired types have flared bell-bottoms.

But they're definitely pants. And wearing the tunic without pants is like the equivalent of going out wearing just a tank top and underwear--it's just not done, ever. So I seriously doubt if the sister is posing in the pic in just the tunic. Some of the kameez are very long--like, well below the knees--which the girl in the purple appears to be wearing. I'm looking closely at the pic and it sure looks like it is one of these pantsuits. I mean, some of them are styled just like dresses a JW sister would wear, just with matching pants. I saw an Indian lady wearing a gorgeous set at the last DC I attended..... ETA: Looking at the pic, now I wonder if that table is strategically obscuring her legs for a reason.....
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Whoever thought making up this tract was a good idea is an idiot.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

a bigger idiot than the idiot who wrote the brochure is the idiot who thinks it's the law of god. Doesn't it make you want to go visit headquarters in a really tight dress and no bra? A sleeveless dress so they can see you don't shave your pits, either. And then insist on kissing everyone you meet. I wouldn't be able to make it through the tour without falling down laughing.

When I was in (doesn't it sound like prison?) all the women wore print dresses, pantyhose with sandals, full make-up and Charlie's Angels hair. At least it appears they don't do that any more.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Okay, I can understand a place having a dresscode, even if it does look like something from the Brady Bunch. But "Acceptable casual wear for ... traveling in the neighborhood"?!

• 1914BS
    1914BS

As Awnold would say: No not dis

• moshe
    moshe

Dang- I started on a trip to visit bethel in 1982 with my family- I forgot to bring a suit, too! Anyway, I made it about 200 miles and got a sick feeling in my stomach and called off the trip and we turned around. My JW wife threw that story out all the time in front of JW's just to make me feel bad. They have gotten real silly about clothes today it seems. - and beards- you don't see them either in the pictures.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit