It looks like I will become an elder this week!

by outofthebox 181 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

RENIAA- I understand what you are saying in regard to not trying to stir up older people who are set in their ways , and perhaps have been in it for years - however being the dangerous " mind control cult " that the Watchtower society is wouldn't you want to save younger ones out of it , by any means possible ? As the Watchtower itself is a dangerous lying organization which kills it's members by forcing them to make horrible decisions in their lives on the blood issue and child abuse issue !

As regards your statement , " getting in over his head counseling people and not knowing what to say especially if they have emotional/sexual issues . " Seriously , please. Most elders in the Jehovah's Witnesses cult have NEVER been educated or trained as professional licensed psychiatrists who are qualified to talk with people about emotional/sexual issues. Many of these elders have emotional/sexual issues themselves ! So Out of the Box would be no better or worse than them, believe me ! I feel you are too much in awe of the elders in the witness organization . Here's a news flash, they use the toilet like you and me , they bleed red , not gold . They are ONLY trained to give out Watchtower garbage as counsel, or their own personal opinions . They do not stick to the Bible , because I've experienced their " pearl of wisdom" counsel myself ! ( I say that tongue in cheek ! )

So, I realize you have your opinion ,but if Out of the Boxes motives are good to help someone exit a dangerous cult - I don't see the big issue here

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Than you Mr Flipper!!! My feelings exactly. Reniaa is still getting that warm fuzzy feeling about the borg. Elders are not god's representatives on earth. If they had been, he'd have fired them long ago, without a gold watch. I find it admirable if not CRAFTY on OOTB to accept what is coming his way.

Can you imagine having a JC that can't be unanimous because OOTB is in there working his butt off in someones favour? I love it. Oh , and by the way...." The opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of this station or of it's mother corp.".

NMG

• Pickled
    Pickled

Reniaa,
    If he doesn’t get people out by any means available,
    and he doesn’t leave and therefore alienate his family,
    and he doesn’t become an elder and get in over his head,
    and he changes his mindset completely concerning his current attempts to “make a statement”……..

That only leaves settling down and becoming a “good” definition of a Witness, doesn’t it?

Did you intend another option that I am not seeing? (Not asking sarcastically, I really would like to read another alternative that you think would be more balanced and practical given his current view of the WTBTS)

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Something is wrong with you! Maybe, but something is wrong with you too! LOL

Maybe. But at least I'm free. You, on the other hand, are still a slave.

• new boy
    new boy

Attack from with in....I like it ....just becareful you don't lose your soul though!

• shell69
    shell69

Reniaa,

Havent several ppl already said that we get your take on this?

Yet you keep going on...

OOTB is a human being with free will. He will make the descision that is right for him, and for that I wish him well.

You remind me of some ppl I once knew.................

Your weren't an elders wife were you?

Shell69

• reniaa
    reniaa

heheh no I never was an elders wife in fact I barely got to be an aux pioneer when I was a witness I've been away 10 years now and what you guys don't appreciate is i'm talking from an humanitarian viewpoint not just a JW one.

because I've had a few replies to my last post I won't address anyone personally instead I'll be honest in what I don't like about this forum having been on it a week and why this thread particularily hit a nerve.

There is a lot of hate for JW's however genuine the reasons for it, it automatically predjudices your judgement over the JW's, I've also been on an Atheist forum and basically heard the same arguments you've said but against all religion saying "it's all evil and mindcontrolling" and "all religion should be banned and people should be stopped from having religion"....sound familiar replace WTS with religion and you hear the same thing on here.

I'm not arguing that if you feel strongly you shouldn't try and maybe be honest and tell people this but my problem is twofold in this scenario of ootb's......

1/ he is not being honest and that will severely effect his judgement and counciling abilities (you are right normal elders are not qualified and can make a total hash of it too) but with ootb he will have added pressure of how to give advice when his motivations are so mixed up and from different sources, will he be able to step back and help people without his "set them free from the evil" attitude effecting his words and actions?

2/ you guys are inciting a person you do not know, never met, are only hearing his side of the story which he already explains involves family and friends to actions that may hurt, upset etc (although a lot of sane and sensible people on this thread have said same as me probably in less words though lol)

Considering what Ootb has said, so far he is already on the way out of WTS it's only the means that is in question, I like other think his elders life will be short because of what he has already explained to us, all i'm saying is surely we can advise him to do this in a way that inflicts less hurt and upset?

reniaa

P.s I think elders are very human! thats something I have seen in any organisation that has leaders, men in charge, supervisors etc that have all been inflicted by the faults you find in elders whether governments, in workplace, other religions, these faults unfortunately come with leadership, in that the bible is also very honest. You only have to see King David sending a man to death so he can hide the fact he got this man's wife pregnant, with power comes responsibility and you have to accept that you will make mistakes and the consequences of that mistake. I don't envy elders their job at all (or their wives).

A question for OOTB if he does become an elder...could you have enough judgement to see when it is wise not to use a counciling situation to advise some to leave WTS? as with old and infirm whose whole life is wrapped up in JW's and would have nothing to replace it?

• shell69
    shell69

I'm not inciting him to do anything.!!

It's his decision

I think what your missing here is that this board is a support network for all those in/out or somewhere in between. Its ins't merely a JW slagging off site.

People post, and oppinions are expressed. Thats all. But for some, me included, I value being able to come to a place where others know what I'm going through. Read some more, I think you'll find that every now and then a thread gets going that will 'hit a nerve', and you'll find an awfull lot more threads, where members want support and kindness, and in my experience they find it here.

Sorry OOTB, didn't mean to highjack this thread

Shell69

• Sirona
    Sirona

Reniaa,

Havent several ppl already said that we get your take on this?

Yet you keep going on...

Reniaa will keep "going on" because she has an agenda. I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Check her post history and you'll see what Reniaa's agenda is.

Sirona

• reniaa
    reniaa

Eeek sirona you found me :) I am pro-witness lol my first post was i'm tempted to go back, so there i'm been very very honest

Its ins't merely a JW slagging off site.

If this is a halfway house and not an incite to hate JW forum, It should allow for people like me that are in two-minds and don't hate WTS? thats for you too sirona?

I would have thought in this thread you'd see all i'm saying is... don't become a elder if you don't believe because you may get hurt or hurt others by the consequences and any "Good" you may do may get negated. wheres the hidden agenda in that

Or do you think i'm the secret JW police out to reconvert you all? hehe thats sounds kinda cool do I get wear black leather :P

reniaa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit