It looks like I will become an elder this week!

by outofthebox 181 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Seems that they will take anybody these days!

You must be good at giving talks, they must see something in you.. Of course No Holy Spirit Is involved . I was not anything like your position, but I knew full well that I did not meet the qualifications , but I was still appointed ...and I tell you It was HELL .. I was so glad to get off the teadmill.24 years later They did not want to let me go at the end . I also had confided in the P O that I could not believe all that The Society taught...They did not care about that . the only thing that seemed to shake the C.O. (and I saw him blanch) was when I admitted that I loved listening to what he would call "heavy metal music" !

Believe me, if you are not committed , it is horrible and you end up resenting the time that you have to spend doing thankless tasks . the romantic notion of fighting from within is just a dream. They simply ignore what you say and do what they want , maybe thank you for a fresh viewpoint, but the majority vote carries it , and you have wasted your breath.

Refuse the appointment and fade slowly...

• legalchickie
    legalchickie

I know personally that HS does not direct the elders. If it did, then why did they re-instate my ex two times (he was smoking)? Even tho he was let back in, he never quit smoking, even for a day!

• lesterd
    lesterd

The all seeing eye in Brockklyn will send out a bolt of HS and strike down the imposter..or not.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

I have to agree with reniaa and say this is absolutely repugnant!

You are freakin messin with peoples lives here!

Do you really think you are qualified to give people advice?

Elders are not even remotely qualified for the resposibilities they have, and you being a non-believer does not automatically change that!

What kind of head trip are you on?

JW's think of elders as demi-gods, especially the young and inexperienced, they will look at you and see Jehovahs spokesman. Is that what you want? Why can't you "help" people without putting yourself in the position of calling yourself a "glorious one". Are you a glorious one, or do you just want the title?

Please sir, in your next post, I request that you list your qualifications as a marraige counselar, rape crises couselor, police officer, youth leader, etc. Just how much training do you have? Any at all?

If you do have this training then please accept my apologies, but if you are not trained in this area then i think you need to get your head out of your ass and see that you are about as qualified for this position as my cat, and she doesn't even have a penis.

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

Impressive!

I am not wise, and all knowing enough to question your motives... So..

Let them be noble and GOOD LUCK!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Which just goes to show how screwy the cult is. Now if you start smoking cigars that will complete the circle.

• undercover
    undercover

I haven't read all the replies, so I'm sorry if someone has already pointed this out...

If you accept the position, you may be able to use it to help some see the fallacy of the Watchtower teachings, but what will you do when you're assigned to a judicial committe and you have to sit in judgement over someone who has "sinned"? You know that the "truth" is anything but, but yet you have to enforce its rules and codes of conduct.

Faking being a publisher is one thing, faking it and accepting the position of elder is something else, in my opinion.

Having said that, we all have to make our own decisions. If you accept the position, good luck. I hope you can do some good.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Can't they track you down when you reveal at which date you get appointed?

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

Sorry to hear you are going back, If you start talking to people, they will find out and you are out.

• ImFreeNow
    ImFreeNow

Darth Frosty..........what I wouldn't give for a good cigar right now while reading this thread!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit