It looks like I will become an elder this week!

by outofthebox 181 Replies latest jw friends

• chikikie
    chikikie

lol pickled 'say what' my sister probably understood what you have written, me its just simple, I was brought up in it, i didnt need to extensively study, i only needed to believe three things, 1) to believe there is a god, 2) believe there is a jesusand 3) the bible is gods word, I still believe these three things, I doubt Id join another religion, I doubt I'll go back to the JWs, Id go back for some closure for me to say a few things to some people but that is in naomi fantasyland where people give a damn, most of them dont and dont remember wrongdoings anyway, so if your looking to reason on scriptures, your talking to the worng sister, I never understood the ins and outs anyway, i was just happy to go and sit and look into space most meetings, I have never said I study the bible, i never thought i needed to , im a classic blind believer, i feel id be the same if I was brought up in any religion, it just happened to be JWs. what you have written has just gone over my head, must ask my sister to explain it to me, i just answered what i thought was the question you asked as best I could. thanks N

• Pickled
    Pickled

Chikikie, then why did you choose to join this website if it doesn't matter to you what the JW believe and if you have no desire whatsoever to discuss anything having to do with the Bible? It is certainly your right and actually none of my business where you do or do not post your thoughts. But you have chosen an unusual forum in which to participate then, and I am now simply curious about your motivation. Answer or not, as I have indicated you are not obligated, but still I remain curious.

• Pickled
    Pickled

Chikikie, then why did you choose to join this website if it doesn't matter to you what the JW believe and if you have no desire whatsoever to discuss anything having to do with the Bible? It is certainly your right and actually none of my business where you do or do not post your thoughts. But you have chosen an unusual forum in which to participate then, and I am now simply curious about your motivation. Answer or not, as I have indicated you are not obligated, but still I remain curious.

• Pickled
    Pickled

Sorry for the double post, the server seems to be dragging and I think I clicked send twice.

• chikikie
    chikikie

just because i do not have any bible and god issues, doesnt mean I dont have any Jehovahs witness issues.

Ive been coming on this site since 2001 every year around march 10th, I got baptised march 10th 1996, I dedicated my life to God on this date and I really meant it, what made me leave was the people and the suffering and the shunning of others, why should it be the bible that has fucked me up, it wasnt, I know about the bible from reading cover to cover over and over again 'My book of bible stories' a book which I love. I keep this book and let my daughter keep it and read it as well as my own little new world delux bible, I have not kept any other books or publications. I do not have any hidden agenda and come onto this site to help me fight these yearly feelings that I must go back to the witnesses, I find that you are very aggressive in your posts to me, I have not warranted it all, not all of us are god haters, I happen to believe there is a god and a jesus and that the bible is inspired of god, many people believe too in a god. I struggle to understand and come to terms with my life as a JWs which makes any celebration hard, I do them but i feel its wrong like the way you feel when you fornicate, i would give anything to have wiped out my years as a JW, but alas this is part of me which wont go away, i have to learn to suppress it and live my life the best i can, the biggest gift I gave to my daughter was to leave when she was four, she has no lasting memories of the JWs. I only ever hang around for a week or two then I go back to my life again no doubt I'll be around next year, so dont judge me, I think we have all been judge enough ok

• Pickled
    Pickled

Chikikie, I apologize for what you have interpreted as an aggressive and judging tone.

I now see in retrospect that I approached you with the premise that you encouraged your sister to become a member of this forum in an attempt to discourage her from joining a cult that you were able to tear yourself away from years ago. I understand from your responses that my premise was wrong. Because my posts included questions for you, as well as statements about the religion itself, I had no way of knowing that you would interpret questions as statements of judgment, or statements of judgment against this cult as statements against you personally. My effort was to approach this duo dilemma in the same way I would approach it if I myself had a sister who was considering returning to a cult that I myself found very painful. After encouraging her to join this forum I would solicit all the help I could get from those who were willing to jump in. I see this was a grievous error in thinking on my part, one which I will certainly no longer pursue at the apparent cost of your designated now alternate purpose, one that I need not understand.

Again, I apologize for my literal interpretation of your intent and I hope you will forgive my misguided attempts.

Pickled

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

It's amazing to me that among the reasons these nice ladies are giving for being a witness or not being a witness, I can not see where the question of whether or not the religion is actually TRUE or not is even pondered. Is this a female thing? Join the religion that offers the most stability and security? Or the one whose teachings you LIKE the most? You like the pandas in the pretty pictures do you? so you base your faith on what you like, not what is true, which admittedly may be very uncomfortable to realize. I can't understand such reasons for belief. To me truth is the ultimate value, even above love. For if love exists in untruth, it isn't love, it's a lie. If you are looking for lies, JWs are a good one. What of all the lies that the WTS tells its members? What about the cover ups and scandals? I thought you said you want honesty? Then, you need to educate yourslf in the lies you have been told by the WTS. Try calling the headquarters and asking them if there indeed was a lawsuit settled on behalf of molested children? They will not admit it to you. Is that the kind of honesty that you are looking for? Both of these nice sisters are sadly uneducated in the JW religion, as are most of JWs. I beg them both to do some research into the real history of JWs before they take another step.

• Pickled
    Pickled

Shawn10538, it is my limited opinion, and not a statement of judgment, that this dilemma is not rooted in a lack of education about the gross inconsistencies of the WTBTS.

I have said...

The Bible exists.
    It is widely claimed by many religions that this same Bible is their standard for teaching.
    The JW make that claim as well.
    The teachings of the JW are not aligned with the teachings in that same Bible.
    The characteristics of the WTBTS are however in alignment with the definition of a cult.
    Therefore, I believe that the WTBTS is a cult that is also not teaching from the Bible.

What I get in response is this...

"Stop judging me. Stop being so aggressive."

I don't know how to work with that regardless of how pure my intentions may be.

• Sirona
    Sirona
    What I get in response is this...

"Stop judging me. Stop being so aggressive."

Welcome to my world! ROFL

Sirona

• chikikie
    chikikie

whatever sirona.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest