It looks like I will become an elder this week!

by outofthebox 181 Replies latest jw friends

• Sirona
    Sirona

You came to this forum acting like you were sincerely asking questions. You said you'd been out for 10 years and were sincerely seeking....

Then you proved that you were not sincerely asking, you were just using it as an opportunity to "witness" to us evil apostates.

Every post you make here shows you are just "witnessing" to us. You don't even say "the JWs say....." or "when I was a JW".

Make sure you count the time for your cult paperwork.

Sirona

• blondie
    blondie

I think they are going to make me an elder soon too, or is that eldress?

• Sirona
    Sirona

Add to that the fact that you and your sister, despite living 300 miles away from each other, posted on the same thread with the same IP address.... (yes, this can happen, the last time that IP appeared was something like 2005...but you two use it on the same thread? Two sisters? I wonder what the chances are of that being random?)

Then your sister starts a thread asking people from the Hull area to identify themselves on this forum....

Sirona (PS sorry for the thread hijack...)

• Sirona
    Sirona

Both Chikikie and Reniaa asking people what congregation they used to be in....

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/154925/1.ashx

• chikikie
    chikikie

oNow sirona that is bang out of order, you keep leveling accusations at me, Simon knows we are different, read my posts like nomoreguilt and you will see we have different standpoints, I find that you are my LEAST LIKED person on this site, and ask you to stop mentioning me in your comments.

LEAVE ME OUT OF THEM

• reniaa
    reniaa

Well you are welcome to your viewpoint sirona!

I would say in concerns to me and my sister though you only have to see how we write to see we are different

leolaia pretty much showed the IP thing was hogwash by showing others had same ip as us to in the same accidental way, long standing members. Come on sirona thats a bit below the belt still using that ip thing and misinformation considering what leolaia found out.

AM I still a witness? No i am not! but I am pro-witness recently and humanitarian in views, so that may make me predjudiced in my words. but even if I was a witness why are my words/presence to be vilified? this site is supposed to welcome witnesses too? and presumably their take on things? ( I repeat I am not a witness, 10 years absent and an inclination to go back is all I will admit too)

Sirona what do you hope to achieve by your words? people shunning me on this forum?

reniaa

we are derailing this thread so whatever your reply I will say no more on the subject your welcome to pm me on the subject sirona if you feel that strongly :)

• chikikie
    chikikie

OR ILL COMPLAIN, this is rampant bullying

• Sirona
    Sirona
    Sirona what do you hope to achieve by your words? people shunning me on this forum?

No.

I just wanted to make people aware of my suspicions. Especially any who would be tempted to give their personal information such as which congregation they went to or their names.

OR ILL COMPLAIN, this is rampant bullying

Complain then. Bear in mind, I have NEVER had a problem with ANYONE ELSE on this board and I've met many people in person too. Even if the moderators chastise me for my openess, I know I'm liked and I couldn't care less if you like me or not. I won't post again to this thread. Feel free to PM me if you wish. I apologise ot OOTB for this derailment, I just felt really strongly about this and I do think that people should just be careful who they trust on here. Sirona

• shell69
    shell69

Reniaa,

I've read your post history, and I personally find your oppinions extremely arrogant.

Can you please stop going on about what you 'think' while we await an update from OOTB?

Shell69

• Pickled
    Pickled

Chikikie, do you have any personal experiences that you can share with your sister that would convey just how difficult and devastating the WTBTS was in your own life? I think what some of the members here are feeling is normal, however militant it may come across, considering the raw pain that resulted in their own lives as a result of their association with the WTBTS. My own experience with the JW on all accounts was to observe their overt suspicion of anyone who was "on the outside." As a matter of fact, one of the many things that caused a light to come on in my head occurred at a Memorial service. People sitting in chairs around me were introducing themselves to one another and there were quite a few "visitors" and non or ex JW present. One who was visiting who was a JW from another congregation in another city introduced herself and said in a hushed tone with a solemn secretive nod, and while her eyes furtively glanced around her as though she was among the enemy, "I am a JW." It wasn't what she did that got my attention, it was that it looked so normal to the Witnesses listening to her and nodding in acknowledgment.

So given the fact that your sister is considering returning to this religion of the secret handshake and the fact that the interpretations of a book that is already over 3000 years old that anyone can buy off the shelf are treated as though they are top secret, could her experience here on this forum be viewed as a reintroduction to a mindset that she will herself possess once she is reinstated?

What sort of thinking is it if you don't feel uncomfortable with the JW view of the world (and that includes you, you have said), and yet you feel indignantly uncomfortable with the ex-JW view of anyone who sympathizes with the WTBTS? As outspoken as some may be on this forum it may bring you a certain measure of comfort to know that no one here is looking forward to your inevitable destruction. They are simply posting their views in an effort to be heard and to arrive at a better understanding of your views as well. What they are not doing is copy/pasting information off of a disc that they have been given as the only source of information they are allowed to have, and then when you don't agree, just casually walking off firmly convinced that you are slated for destruction anyway and they, thankfully, will be left to pilfer all of your wretched belongings once you have received what you truly deserve.
    No, that is the mindset of the Jehovah's Witnesses. THIS is a forum of free thinkers who are willing to blast away and take their lumps as well. The majority here have chosen to not replace their brain with a disc, and the result of that can be argumentative, colorful, hysterically funny, stubborn, sad, and all those things that make up genuine human experiences when allowed to move about in a state of free expression. The truth is, however offended you are by some here compares only slightly to how offended you are going to feel when your sister returns to the fold and lets you know one day that she is looking forward to life in paradise and having the opportunity to take part in the privilege of scooping up your ashes.

Yes, that sounds horrible, and very much like something members of a cult would believe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit