It looks like I will become an elder this week!

by outofthebox 181 Replies latest jw friends

• free2think
    free2think

Congrats

• Layla33
    Layla33

I guess I am curious with everything you have admitted, why you would want to be involved and take this position? I can understand the pressures to still go for some because of the cult control, but I am curious about going to that level, no judgment, just curiousity really.

• lancelink
    lancelink

And your willing to accept a position of 'authority" in this religion as a joke?

I can't decide which is worse, your judgment or the JW's who are going to appoint you

• thepackage
    thepackage

I was an MS forever and asked to be an elder i beleive three times and said no each time. I used to come up with some BS. Any ways i quit on the WTS a long time ago and the holy spirit never told anybody to remove me as an MS. It appears your current habits are no different from many elders i currently know.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

since my family is stuck in this cult, I guess I can use the new position to help them see that the Holy Spirit has nothing to do with me being an elder.

If your whole family was "in" and you didn't want to lose them, you may do this at first too. Sort of a "reverse" theocratic warfare.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

You are a shoe in for an elder! Not to worry, there is absolutely NO Holy Spirit anywhere in that organization. God deals with religions NOT publishing companies. And I don't believe being "spiritual" is required to be a JW elder anyway. You just have to look good on paper, which is exactly what I told the elders in my Da'd letter a few years back. Good luck! Lilly

• JH
    JH

You are well placed to see both sides of the coin.

Take advantage of that

• cognac
    cognac
    If you consider JW's a bad thing then do something honest this twistedness proves only that you are as bad as what you despise possibly worse because you are thinking only of yourself and not of others that look upto you inc your family that are still JW's.

I don't really agree with this. I'm starting to get the impression that by staying in you can actually help people. There are a lot of people that are very depressed and someone that's not brainwashed can really help these people.

There are people in my hall that I'm trying to help right now. Everyone else makes her feel even more guilty, so now she always comes to me, misses a lot of meetings, and I'm able to plant a good amount of seeds with her.

There's someone else, who, just in Sept. tried to commit suicide, she was trying to come back and I knew she had doubts. I told her it's not the truth and we talked about it for hours. She rarely goes now. I told her that now I'm just trying to get people out.

I'm now working on a pioneer and went through a lot of things with her. She realizes that she doesn't actually know why she the society does certain things. For example, we can't toast but we can have a wedding ring. I told her the definition of "Christ" and how that's what the society claims to be. How the scriptures say not to follow them and those who say not to marry and they said in 1931 not to marry. She told me a story of how this brother years ago in Switzerland that was a CO lost all of his priviledges because he got married. I didn't even know about that...

An "annointed" brother I'm pretty sure is an apostate and he showed be how to start questioning things from the bible. We used to have our own studies and he would give me homework and everything. He was the one who got me to start questioning the blood issue... I asked him if he was annointed and he didn't want to really say, stating that it didn't really matter. I pressed the issue and finally he said yes. Now, looking back, I think he just knows he's going to heaven.

Anyways, my point is, is that people who are on the outside but in, especially in high places can do a heck of a lot of good if they want to...

• cognac
    cognac

out -

I do have a ? though. How are you gonna handle JC's???

• dinah
    dinah

Amen, cognac.

This just proves to me that HS is NOT appointing elders, or at least wasn't while I was still in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit