It looks like I will become an elder this week!

by outofthebox 181 Replies latest jw friends

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius
    Being an elder is a position of trust and it would be dishonest to take this position.

nah i gotta disagree here with this statement. In a religion that truely tries to follow jesus example and biblical teacheings......... yes being appointed as a deacon, elder, or whatever other position IS a position of trust and it would be dishonest to accept it.

We all know that the watchtower bible and tract society is NOT anything even remotely close to that. Its made up of self serveing men, glory seeking men. are there a few good men in it..... yeah there are but they are few and far between. The entire "religion"(cult) is based upon bible truths that cannot be denied... and blatant LIES.

I refused to be appointed, i saw corruption and decided that if god wanted me to become an elder he would move me to accept, (very stones would cry out ..... etc). Then later when i knew without a doubt that it was one hundred percent bulls*** i left immediately. I chose to get out of her lest i share in her sins...... and there are a hell of alot of them to be party to.

My immediate family is IN and i pray for them every day, to see through it and come to their senses. If i thought that i could prove that there was no HS in the appointment of elders........ i cant say i wouldnt accept that JUST to prove it to them. I thought about remaining and fakeing hours and all that......... but i have never faked hours i didnt spend, to have my family based on lies just isnt worth it to me.

It is a fact that they do ask that question...... is there anything that would prevent you from serveing.... they asked me.......... i said experience........ and ran like hell. This is just another of their CYA statements. Thats what the cult is based on........... CYA so they cant be sued....... and then brainwashing so they wont be questioned.

I wont say yes become an elder..... or no dont become one....... thats his personal choice. I couldnt deal with the daily bull and i dang sure wouldnt mistreat people who needed help by following the cults (mens) rules.

I will wish you good luck in your endeavors tho, hope you help the most people possible and i couldnt say which way will help them more.

• Open mind
  • M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

Well I've not posted for a while... ages in fact... I've been off educating myself at uni - it's tough to do it with a partner, two kids and full time job. If you do anything as an elder (qualified or not) - encourage the children to consider college and university. - encourage parents and children to wait before getting dunked, perhaps saying "would you allow your son/daughter to make any other adult decision at age 12 like getting married?" - support those people who are there just to hang on to their families... it's a struggle. - etc... etc... Well that's my opinion, good luck with it all.

• dawg
    dawg

I agree with Scotsman... many of you call this man hypocrite, while never having the courage to do the right thing and speak out... so all whom you know who are still in just think you're weak but still agree with the org... if you spoke out maybe a change would slowly take place... I find the hypocrisies of many of you much more sick than this man trying to save his family... shame on many of you hypocrites.

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

YOU seemed to think that your lying will go unnoticed!

I do not believe you are even attending, so far you have done nothing but lied about who you are, so that makes you untrust worthy.

Your eldership just sounds like your delusional to think that people on this board believes you!

Hope you seek help for you patholigical lying! As far as your family, they already know your lying! so becoming an elder because of your family right there is one of many lies on you list!

If your family knows your lying then so does the elders and the people in the congregation!

Perhaps you should try to become honest!

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

Seeks some help, counseling or something! Because your lying will probably get worse with your age!

Look at your future: Lying to your girlfriend or wife, and any future jobs! Which by the way if you get caught lying on any job you will probably get fired! No woman but a drug addict will put up with you!

So what options do you have but to seek help!

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel
    Seeks some help, counseling or something! Because your lying will probably get worse with your age!

Look at your future: Lying to your girlfriend or wife, and any future jobs! Which by the way if you get caught lying on any job you will probably get fired! No woman but a drug addict will put up with you!

So what options do you have but to seek help!

LOL....sigh

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

I just finished reading the replies. Wow! I think my situation struck a cord in this board. I promised to keep you posted, so here is what happened today: An elder called me and told me that he wants to talk to me before the meeting starts tomorrow. What do you think it means? Is this code for "We want to appoint you" or "we read this board too and you are fired"!? So, tomorrow is the big day.

Thanks for the nice words of the majority. Some of you agree, some of you don't, but you treated my with respect and I appreciate that.

I appreciate the advice also. IF I become an elder (Still thinking about it. It is not easy decision) I'll try to be careful and help others.

Now some answers to your questions:

Why do you accept it? you asked: Well, I think it will help me free my family. Is not the same thing to hear som real "truths" from an elder than from another publisher (at least from the JW mindset). Also, they know I disagree with many WT doctrines.

Is this a joke for you? The opposite. This is a very hard reality I am facing right now. I don't want to be in this position.

What about JCs? I don't know yet, but I guess I can feel sick and send another elder. I don't know yet. I hope it doesn't happen, but if it does I guess it depends on the case. A pedophile will receive a holy punch in the face from me and a police call. But, again, I don't know yet.

How about going with a bang? I will, after my family is free. You have to know that my family freedom is my priority here. But, I want to help as many people as possible.

What about giving talks, praying, comments, preaching? The congo already know that the way I do those things is somehow different. No worries there.

Do you want prestige? LOL. No. I just want to use this position to help my family out of this cult.

Can you handle it? I don't know. I hope so.

Something is wrong with you! Maybe, but something is wrong with you too! LOL

Will I beat people? No! I want to teach love and peace. Come on! Think about it. Why else, I am ready to do this sacrifice? I won't help falsehoods.

Well, I guess that covers the most FAQ.

Tomorrow is the big day. Stay tuned. And please, pray for me.

Your friend,

-ootb

• chikikie
    chikikie

Talk about jumping into the frying pan! I dont think its a wise thing your doing but Good luck to you.

• reniaa
    reniaa

Keep us posted ootb but be careful...what worries me most is you see this as a way to free your family /shakes head, you are walking on hot coals, this could go so wrong! for your sake I honestly hope this is not about appointing you an elder :(

As a final note think of going back to your belief in jehovah in the bible, if you do take this on maybe there you can find a way to be less of a hypocrite in your job if at least you believe in God, even if not in the WTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit