It looks like I will become an elder this week!

by outofthebox 181 Replies latest jw friends

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

The basic authority that empowers sexually predatory individuals or ones whose motives are completely insincere is the WTBTS!

Their whole ethos is to get each human to give over personal opinions and personal confidence to others in authority and who use fear to keep and establish it!

I know from personal experience its this same fear that completely intimidates and displaces a persons own persona in childhood from domineering parents, in schools via years of dominating teachers attempting to brand and judge certain types and in schools through domination and bullying by peers plus in ones neighborhoods where gangs can have a similar pressure tactic against whomsoever they choose as a target!

Collectively all these pressures amount to perpetual bullying and displace any human from their own confidence to be who they feel and think and then to go out into society confident about who they are!

The whole ethos of this religion is to harness souls who feel intimidated in some way!

It then further intimidates them making them subject to dogma which restricts, rather than liberates, the human being!

For any predatory others who pursue such groups as confidently as they do their public talks and disciplining others to actually think to themselves,

'Yes I will become an elder so I can exploit sexual favors or whateva !'

- Well I just find the whole notion one of disbeliefs!

I do see how the repressive regime could lead some into wrong acts after long periods of all manner of head screwed ideas and biological denial of ones own sexuality but to go around with that idea in your head and carry it out is an absolute mindblower onpar with what the WT feed as Jesus inspired 'soul rape'!

In either case its frought with problems!

I just fail to see any way their whole ethos can be considered a holistic reality to subject humans to! Foisting this god will kill you total brainwashing and then shunning out of ones own family and made to feel condemned for the rest of your days is shockingly cruel - and they even do this to youngsters! As if those years aren't tricky enough to discover fun, life and enjoyment of what it is to be human?

What a bastard fatherless organisation!

May it feel all the pains I have of having no father and all others it deals its cards to - for no reason other than it's relentless will to impose that on unsuspecting hyumans after being made fully aware of what it has already done to countless thousands!

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Hi

When I rang London Bethel ref Michael Porter/paedophile they categorically said they do not believe any Holy Spirit is involved in appointments to Eldership.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/142388/1.ashx

Thanks

Thomas Covenant

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Holy Spirit Power!

• chikikie
    chikikie

Ah hunny,

• chikikie
    chikikie

The thing is out of the box, you really wont find yourself changing anything, altho elder is another step up the ladder it isnt far up the gravy chain to make any differences. Wanna make a difference to the peopleyou care about, take a stand, write a detailed letter to personal addressed to everyone you care about, your letter of DA, send it a day before you send the one to the elders and the the society, that way, your out and u have said your piece. Living that kind of double life being privy to lots of personal stuff about the flock and knowing that on your own there isnt much you can do about it. Dont serve these men no more, get out dont waste another precious moment of your life on these things. Pursue your own happiness.

• blondie
    blondie

"Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer"

• uninformed
    uninformed

After the elders send in their recommendation to the governing body, and it comes back APPROVED, it is REQUIRED that THEY ASK YOU--------------------------------

"IS THERE ANY REASON OR PERSONAL SITUATION THAT WE MAY BE UNAWARE OF THAT WOULD PREVENT YOU FROM SERVING AS AN ELDER AND FULFILLING THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF AN ELDER?

Only a lying hypocrite could say yes to that question, given your situation.

My take on your 'game' is that as a hypocrite, you will be no better than the other hypocrites that are on the body.

How much better for all to simply do what is right, and get out and away from that organization.

But, I know you know better, so have fun.

Brant

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Remaining a JW for the sake of family connections is one thing. Climbing the theocratic ladder, knowing it's false is quite another. I can't congratulate you for this. Condemning watchtower hypocrisy while condoning it in an individual would make me a hypocrite myself.

W

• scotsman
    scotsman

sheesh we're a right black'n'white bunch.

he'll be a hypocrite, big deal. Those of you that are actively fading are hypocrites too. I'm intrigued by the cut and dry way 'elders' are painted, as all powerful monsters. A few are, most aren't and there are lots that were a complete waste of space - im sure ootb can fit snuggly into the last category.

But then again, maybe i've been out too long.

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

Scotsman - you said - he'll be a hypocrite, big deal

BIG DEAL????????????

My God man, we want to remove the old WT traits not pursue them. To become an elder OOTB will need to lie about and hide who he really is.

Would we want our friends to be liars and cheats? Of course not.

And please explain - why am I "a fader" a hypocrite?

THE scotsman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit