It looks like I will become an elder this week!

by outofthebox 181 Replies latest jw friends

• loosie
    loosie

So when are you going to go out and buy your first lottery ticket?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I thought about reaching out again too -just for giggles

• flipper
    flipper

RENAIAA- You mentioned that OUT of the BOX by being, " motivated by alternate personal goals then how can you be sure to give advice that won't make you responsible for something bad , and young children look up to elders and go to them for ALL SORTS OF ADVICE . " Then you continued by saying, " He's playing with people's lives by not being honest . "

Well, as I see it , after being in the witness cult for 44 years , I think our friend OUT of the BOX would fit in quite nicely with most of the elders I've seen in the Watchtower society. Because the things you mentioned above are exactly the things that many elders are doing today as we speak in the witness organization. It has been proven that many times elders have personal agendas and play political games in the congregation. They certainly do give , " all sorts of advice " , so much so they mislead many by giving their personal opinions as advice which is not backed up by the Bible or their own publications. I've experienced this personally myself . Also the Watchtower societies elders are " responsible for something bad " already - as they have kicked out many victims of child abuse from the organization, and their relatives for reporting the abuse to authorities ! So are those the type of " elders " you want children going to for all types of advice ??? Oh, forgot to mention - on the database list of JW child molesters which numbers 23,000 approximately- on that list are many elders and former elders who people trusted to get " all sorts of advice " . Some are still serving as elders , but just have hidden their pedophilia . A little scary ?? I'd say so.

And " He's playing with people's lives and not being honest "? What do you think the Watchtower society is, and has been doing all these years ? They have booklets printed out to inform older members how to turn over their estates, wills, life insurance policies , or other financial donations to the society upon death. And you still think the societies motives are pure ?? Or the elders they promote ? Perhaps you should do a little research my friend.

If Out of the Box wants to get in, become an elder to help people get out from the inside - more power to him ! Their are people serving as elders, undercover right now, trying to free witnesses from mind control . I think that is a noble cause. Anything Out of the Box does in a negative way - would pale in comparison with the damage the Watchtower societies elders have done to countless lives ! O.K. I'm done

• avishai
    avishai

Dammit, flippper, you beat me too it yet again!!!

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

LOL!

Love to see this play out!!

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Hey everybody, Thanks for your comments. I really appreciate your advice and concern. I'll try to do my best to help people wake up if I get to be an elder. I dream one day at Assembly... to give the most fantastic talk about how the WT is wrong. Maybe I will be able to talk for 5 min and everybody will be in shock, and some may wake up and leave. Maybe. I'll keep you posted. -ootb

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Out

I can easily believe they're trying to recruit you. I was made an MS simply because the BOE wanted to offload work onto some others. When even two elders stepped down within one year they strongly started hinted at me to consider being an elder. No way in hell would I want to.

Do you think all the mental garbage you'll have to deal with along with the heavy handedness of the Borg is outweighed by what you might be able to do as an elder? I think you're overestimating the power of good that can come from such a small position in such a large bureacracy thats rotten all the way through. The Borg is in desperate need of men to keep the sham going, so as to keep congregation doors open for whatever trickle of cash can come mommy's way. All you'll really ever be is free slave labour.

As an MS you can do simple stuff like magazine counter, or the literature counter with little guilt. Heck if you're a bit careless with your orders you can create a fair amount of waste for the Borg which will hit them where it hurts. Not that I've purposely did things like that.

• megaflower
    megaflower

I think you are acting like a hipocrite. You are no better than the society if you take the position as an elder. You seek one thing outside of the org yet bow to their teachings while you attend the cults meeting. It does not matter if you are trying "to help " ones who are still in.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I beleive that if you go thru with this that you are just as big of a hypocrite that the WBTS is....Why would you want it....for the prestige?.

-Quirky1

• still_in74
    still_in74
    He's playing with peoples lives by not being honest.

the WTS has been playing with peoples lives for over a hundred years.

Rutherford bashed'em into submission
    Franz killed them with no blood and gave them false hopes
    Jaracz continues the death, and manipulates the WT to subvert the previously established false hopes without anyone noticing.

How is this worse than what the WTS does?

However, OutoftheBox - I think this will hasten the exposure of your true self. You will quickly be recognized as "difficult". You wont "bend over" for the CO and you will show signs of independant thought. These are all big no-no's for elders. I think you will struggle to maintain the charade for long.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit