I hate the Watchtower but I really still hate the Trinity Jesus is NOT God!

by Witness 007 343 Replies latest jw experiences

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I wouldn't have a problem with trinity if the word trinity appeared in the bible or at least 3-1

The word "trinity" is not in the Bible, but the concept-that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are God is in there.

That the Father is God you already believe.

As for the Son, who other than God is capable of these things:

(Heb. 1:10) Who created the world?

(Matt: 9:6) Who forgives sins?

(John 10:28) Gives eternal life?

(John 14:13) Answers our prayers?

(Rev. 5:13–14) Who is worthy of worship?

Is the Holy Spirit a person or an impersonal force?

Acts 13:2:While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, "Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them."

In John 16 the HS gets called "he" ten times!

(Acts 5:3) You can lie to the HS

(Acts 8:29; 10:19, 20; 13:2) The HS can speak.

(John 16:13–15) The HS can hear.

(John 14:26) The HS can teach.

(John 16:8-11) The HS can reprove.

(Rom. 8:26) The HS can intercede.

(Rom. 15:30) The HS can love.

(Eph. 4:30) The HS can be grieved

(Acts 5:1–4) To lie to the HS is to lie to God himself.

(Mark 3:29) The HS can be blasphemed -Only a person is capable of these attributes and abilities, and who else can be blasphemed but God?

(Heb. 9:14) the HS is everlasting

(1 Cor. 2:10) the HS is all knowing

(Ps. 139:7) The HS is omnipresent.

All these are attributes only God has.

because if man is created in OUR image he certainly hasn't got 3-1 issues

Man IS a trinity. Mind, Body, and Spirit.

Burn

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Sorrry "burntheships" at least 50 books written by scholars I have read say later after the Counicil of Nicea the Western churches = Trinity and Eastern =Arian the missionaries came from the Eastern churches and taught the Visgoths and Vikings about the "one God" when the Visgoths finally sacked Rome they were told not to destroy christian churches etc. The Roman christians would make fun of "the one God Barbarians." THIS Information is 100% true I have hundreds of references, I will get them from my computer although my printer is down and I will have to copy some stuff by hand and post it here. Major pain but be patient my son! I may post it as a seperate topic.

• mouthy
    mouthy

O.K. go to your corners while he gets his glove adjusted

• MOG
    MOG

I know I have quoted this several times but can someone explain this to me then

"The SEVEN Spirits of God (Rev. 4:5),

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Sorrry "burntheships" at least 50 books written by scholars I have read say later after the Counicil of Nicea the Western churches = Trinity and Eastern =Arian

You are wrong, and I will provide sources.

Arius was from Alexandria-not the West.

The vast majority of the attendees at the Council of Nicea were from the Eastern churches:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea#Attendees

The Eastern bishops formed the great majority. Of these, the first rank was held by the three patriarchs: Alexander of Alexandria, [14]Eustathius of Antioch, [14] and Macarius of Jerusalem.

Burn

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I know I have quoted this several times but can someone explain this to me then

"The SEVEN Spirits of God (Rev. 4:5),

Let us complete the passage:

Before the throne, seven lamps were blazing. These are the seven spirits of God. Also before the throne there was what looked like a sea of glass, clear as crystal.

John is addressing the seven churches in Asia in this writing. The reference to the “seven spirits which are before the throne” probably refers to them. The previous 2 chapters (2 and 3) refers to those churches directly. Rev 3:1 says: "To the angel of the church in Sardis write: These are the words of him who holds the seven spirits of God and the seven stars. I know your deeds..." Burn

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Your info is not bad!! Burn I said Arius {one God} was from the east, NOT west....as your qoutes show he had the OLDEST church in Alexandria....also my info is talking about years AFTER the council of Nicea the eastern church with headquaters moved to Consantinople was {one God} while Rome west was definatley Trinity based, for a long time. This is why the invading Visgoth christians were said to have weird "one God" beliefs....it's also interesting how their "one God" ideas were later dissolved to unite the empire.....in the end the west won!

• MOG
    MOG

Burninships

PROBABLY?? but not sure...Seems to me there is a plethora of spirits in the bible..

Spirit of God

Spirit of Christ

Spirit of Wisdom

Holy spirit

Spirit of truth

God "God is SPIRIT, and those who are worshipping Him must be worshiping in spirit and truth" (John 4:24)

"Yet shall we not much rather be subjected to the FATHER OFSPIRITS..." (Heb. 12:9)

• real one
    real one

The seven spirits is the Holy Spirit

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

MOG,

About the 7 spirits of God mentioned in Revelation;

The 7 spirits are also represented by the 7 lamps in Revelation. The number 7 means God's completeness in the Bible. The fact that God has 7 Holy "spirits" that speak is symbolic of God being perfect in Holiness and in all his qualities. Each of these 7 spirits represents a different quality of God such as wisdom, counsel, power, etc.

Gods "Holy Spirit" rests perfectly on his Son Christ Jesus and thus Jesus embodies perfectly all of the Father's qualities. Thus Isaiah aptly prophesied this about Christ;

Isaiah 11:1-4

1 A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse;
    from his roots a Branch will bear fruit.

2 The Spirit of the LORD will rest on him—
    the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding,
    the Spirit of counsel and of power,
    the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD -

3 and he will delight in the fear of the LORD.
    He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes,
    or decide by what he hears with his ears;

4 but with righteousness he will judge the needy,
    with justice he will give decisions for the poor of the earth.
    He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth;
    with the breath of his lips he will slay the wicked.

5 Righteousness will be his belt
    and faithfulness the sash around his waist

7 perfect qualities or "spirits" - wisdom, understanding, counsel, power, knowledge, righteousness, faithfulness.

Thought you may find this text interesting. It helps to explain why the 7 spirits in Revelation. Lilly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit