I hate the Watchtower but I really still hate the Trinity Jesus is NOT God!

by Witness 007 343 Replies latest jw experiences

• MOG
    MOG

the good thing is that you can pray for all..

and baptize in ALL..they are what they are..I like to learn and argue..but at the end..we are going to believe what we are going to believe..

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Why would anyone hate the trinity doctrine? It is not essential for Christians to believe this. I've struggled with this teaching myself. It took me over a year to be fully convinced in the divinity of Christ, but like others here, while I believe Jesus is God, I do not believe he is God the father. And I am still struggling as to how the Holy Spirit fits in. There is not enough in the NT explaining the the triune nature of God. At least from my perspective. But again, its not an essential doctrine because it was not even decided upon until the 4th century. Christ knows those who belong to him and that is sufficent to me. Peace, Lilly

No there isn't. There are things can be inferred but nothing more. The divinity of Christ is plain in Scripture however, and he can be worshipped. If we are only to worship the One God and none other....

There is one thing that most Christian cults that fall away seem to share in common, Jehovah's Witnesses included, is that they eventually turn to denying Christ's divinity.

• MOG
    MOG

btw..how do you all actually add REPLIES from someone else on your responses..

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Burn,

I agree.

Mog,

I would like to know the same thing. I am not that computer savy. Lilly

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

I think you just hate God

John 5:21

For as the Father raises the dead and makes alive, even so the Son of Man makes alive whomever He wills. 22 For the Father judges no man, but has committed all judgment to the Son, 23 so that all should honor the Son, even as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I think you just hate God

Well, thats a bit harsh, don't you think? It's hard to get rid of the conditioned responses from the dubs.

Burn

• StAnn
    StAnn

If anyone is actually interested in what the Catholic Church really teaches about the Trinity, here's a link:

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15047a.htm

• Maddie
    Maddie

Since my exit from the JW's I have tried to understand the Trinity teaching much better. Just because it isn't easy to understand doesn't make it wrong and I now believe that Jesus is deity and not a superior angel as I believed as a JW.

Maddie

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Burn

Well, thats a bit harsh, don't you think? It's hard to get rid of the conditioned responses from the dubs.

Not as harsh as the JWs God, he's a demanding tyrant.

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

Michael would not be a different subject! The Jehovah's Witness believe that Jesus is NOW Michael in heaven sitting at the right hand of his father! NOt a god but an Angel. Read Hebrew 1:8

Also, in order to understand the Trinity one has to look at which type of Trinity you are referring? Have Fun researching that one out. I like it when they say it is a mystery!

Renee you seem to think I have walked with blinders on! I have study the subject Trinity out for years.

I can only ask you, do you feel that in John 1:1 in the NWT that the WORD is a god? or a God? Because Jesus will be called Mighty God not Mighty god! Did Jehovah ever refer Jesus as God? read Hebrews 1 and let me know what you think! That still a hard one from me.

Do you think Jehovah thinks that Trinity is pagan and therefore anyone who beleive in Trinity is not believing in the TRUE God?

There is the only one thing I can say that I think Trinity believers are God's people as well as non-Trinity people. Because they are still saying Jesus, Jehovah, and the Holy Spirit all from the bible.

Trinity believers have been raised to read the entire OT as God being plural Elohim, so for us who are not Trinity believers we read the Old Testiment and read it as YHWH.

Most of the other Non Trinity Churches I have not been satisified with because of other teachings that are clearly going against the bible.

For example; some do not believe in the virgin birth, others believe that it okay to allow pagan in and worship their gods! Some do not believe in Satan! So there you have it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit