I hate the Watchtower but I really still hate the Trinity Jesus is NOT God!

by Witness 007 343 Replies latest jw experiences

• Robdar
    Robdar

Haha! I just love it when people try to tell me what God is and isn't. The way they speak with such authority is sooooo amusing. Trinity, schminity. To argue about it is nothing but mental masturbation. In the end, IT DOESNT MATTER.

We will never understand God. It's hubris to think otherwise.

• zeroday
    zeroday
    Isis Osiris and Horus

Now why do you want to go and bring up pagan trinities we all know it is exclusive to christianity they never borrowed anything from paganism...

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

"Burntheships" what the hell........that book you qouted is exactly the problem....."in space you can travel up or down left or right......" these types of examples are pathetic....like water can be ice, fog or liquid therefore the Trinity????????? Shamroke leaves Oh God!! We are not talking about solid objects or "directions in space" we are talking about how Jesus can raise his eyes to heaven and pray....and talk to his father...also as someone pointed out the holy spirit is VERY quiet in the bible.....remember the Jews believed and still do, in one God, so it was up to Jesus to CLEARLY explain that HE was God......instead he calls himself "Son of man" 100 times "Son of God" 100 times and never explained his Godship to anyone....on the contrary when the Jews were going to stone him for saying he was God he corrected them and said he told them he was "Gods son'...the diciples when he asked them "who do you say Iam"....answer-"Christ the Son of God." End of story till 200 years later.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    "Burntheships" what the hell........that book you qouted is exactly the problem....."in space you can travel up or down left or right......" these types of examples are pathetic....like water can be ice, fog or liquid therefore the Trinity????????? Shamroke leaves Oh God!! We are not talking about solid objects or "directions in space" we are talking about how Jesus can raise his eyes to heaven and pray....and talk to his father...also as someone pointed out the holy spirit is VERY quiet in the bible.....remember the Jews believed and still do, in one God, so it was up to Jesus to CLEARLY explain that HE was God......instead he calls himself "Son of man" 100 times "Son of God" 100 times and never explained his Godship to anyone....on the contrary when the Jews were going to stone him for saying he was God he corrected them and said he told them he was "Gods son'...the diciples when he asked them "who do you say Iam"....answer-"Christ the Son of God." End of story till 200 years later.

#1 Why the hostility? I don't agree with you, and you don't agree with me. That's just fine! All the antitrinitarian arguments presented here I used for years on a Yahoo board "JWs and Evangelicals" so I know where you are coming from! I was a big fan of Stafford and people behind sites like jehovah.to. #2 The quote I posted is an explanation to help understand how God can exist as multiple Persons. It is not intended as a "proof" but as an illustration to help make a difficult concept easier to understand. A two dimensional being can not properly understand the third dimension. You should read the classic "Flatland" sometime. It is not long. #3 Regarding only oblique references to Jesus' divinity in the Gospels that you note above, my own understanding is that Jesus did not come to reveal all the Gospel in its length and breadth during his short ministry. Jesus told his Apostles in John 16:

"Now I am going to him who sent me, yet none of you asks me, 'Where are you going?' Because I have said these things, you are filled with grief. But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment: in regard to sin, because men do not believe in me; in regard to righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; and in regard to judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned. "I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you. All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you.

What kinds of things would the Holy Spirit be teaching the disciples after Christ's leaving? Things that they yet could not bear? Burn

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Burn the ships BAAAD qouting of scripture.........In John Jesus said; "Before Abraham was Iam"......LOOK at what they asked him "but you are not that old" Jesus answer "mate, before Abraham was born I was here" SIMPLE! Then they go to stone him thinking he's making himself equal to God and what AMAZING thing does Jesus say:"Yes I AM God"....just kidding..... "why are you stoning me for saying Iam God's SON..." YEEEAH!! Jesus is insulted that they think he's a Trinity God! So they let him go..."opps our bad Jesus."

The I AM theory is the dumbest weakest Trinity arguement in history. Paul said "who do you say I AM" in Acts using the exact same grammer soo was he secretly saying he's the 4th in the Trinity? Nowhere in bible garammar does it indicate that the scripture in Exodus and John are linked or refer to a "secret name" it is plain stupid....another dumb dumb dumb use of scripture...when they come to arrest Jesus the mob ask: "Are you Jesus" Answer "I AM" the crowd staggers back and is startled to meet this powerful magican....so there you go Trinity PROOF scripture, sooo dumb! LOOK AT WHAT THEY ARE ASKING!!!!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Burn IAM being passionate but not personal..don't mean to sound angry...no offense.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Burn the ships BAAAD qouting of scripture.........In John Jesus said; "Before Abraham was Iam"......LOOK at what they asked him "but you are not that old" Jesus answer "mate, before Abraham was born I was here" SIMPLE! Then they go to stone him thinking he's making himself equal to God and what AMAZING thing does Jesus say:"Yes I AM God"....just kidding..... "why are you stoning me for saying Iam God's SON..." YEEEAH!! Jesus is insulted that they think he's a Trinity God! So they let him go..."opps our bad Jesus."

The I AM theory is the dumbest weakest Trinity arguement in history. Paul said "who do you say I AM" in Acts using the exact same grammer soo was he secretly saying he's the 4th in the Trinity? Nowhere in bible garammar does it indicate that the scripture in Exodus and John are linked or refer to a "secret name" it is plain stupid....another dumb dumb dumb use of scripture...when they come to arrest Jesus the mob ask: "Are you Jesus" Answer "I AM" the crowd staggers back and is startled to meet this powerful magican....so there you go Trinity PROOF scripture, sooo dumb! LOOK AT WHAT THEY ARE ASKING!!!!

Context, not grammar. Why would the Jews try to stone Jesus' apparent blasphemy in 8:59? When he said I AM (ego eimi, I am, and not "I was here" as you said), he was referencing something very well known to those around him-and they picked up stones.

Also, ponder this in John 5:46:

If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me.

I do not know of any place where Moses wrote about Jesus. All he wrote about was Yahweh. Later prophets wrote about a coming messiah, but not Moses. So why did Jesus say Moses wrote about him?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Moses first reference to Jesus was in Genesis 'he will bruise you in the head and you bruise in heel etc"...there are many many Moses written prophecies about the messiah...........you did not address Jesus last comment which corrected them "why stone me.... I just said I was God's son." Blows that theory apart!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

In John 8, where Jesus makes the ego eimi reference:

"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

you did not address Jesus last comment which corrected them "why stone me.... I just said I was God's son." Blows that theory apart!

Where did Jesus say that on this occasion? He hid himself and there is no record here of him saying anything else.

Burn

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Seems that the doubting Thomas was convinced otherwise (and he knew Jesus):

John 20:27-29 (King James Version)
    27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God.

29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit