Thinking of becoming a Witness again and my reasons for doing so :(

by reniaa 383 Replies latest jw experiences

• nelly136
    nelly136

as the birth of a baby should be something to look forward to and now you're facing being a single parent again and feeling isolated which doesnt help, is it possible thats triggered off a bit of pre-natal depression?it could be worth asking your doctor/midwife.

'repent club' absent daddy.....the goddess of CSA is there to collect his penance weekly or monthly (if they manage to pull their fingers out)

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

It seems you have it in your head that at least one organised religion is 'truth'?

With that decision taken without seriously questioning the concept, I can see why you may be frocing yourself toward a conditional choice of life.

There are some places on Earth, and always have been, where each religion has never ventured and individuals who've lived whole lives never having been contacted by religions others see as 'one truth'.

Obviously your religion will think up an excuse for that otherwise you would see it for what it is - just another humans delusion of god they try to gain followers for!

I was brought up by a mother wholly insistent her way was 'the way' whether religious or whatever! If she hadn't been so obviously illogical I may have still believed she was right!

Now organised religionjs have had whole groups think through ill logic and placed circular reasoning where there is no possible answer!

It's the circular reasonings which eventually tear your heart from your soul and leave you with a head full of carousels and circles in spirals detached from who you are as a person!

But as ever - your choice and don't say you weren't warned!

• calico
    calico

Don't go back to a religion that refuses to protect it's women and children from sexual predators!

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Hi reniaa,

Welcome to the lifeboat and how are things in good old Yorkshire ? The Dales will be looking great in a couple of months time .Last year we spent a great weeks holiday in a place called Sheriff Hutton not far from York.

The problem with the idea of going back to the Witnesses is that you will have as much chance if not more of a chance of being let down by them as with any other group of humans.The world is made up of all kinds of human personalities some good, some bad ,some very evil , some saints and all kinds of shades in between.

Speaking from experience, I have found much nicer people who have a far healthier and balanced outlook on life within other christian denominations but you have to give them a chance. Try the Church of England or the Methodist groups but allow for imperfections as well because they are full of the walking wounded too. Don't just listen to the negative one sided arguments of the JWs gain experience for yourself .The Witnesses' promise you the earth and deliver emptiness.

Stick around here for awhile and make some good friends but don't expect saints because the're in heaven.

What ever you do good luck and best wishes and don't take the JWs too seriously.

• sinis
    sinis

The problem is YOU!!! YOU seem to gravitate towards shit bag people, which 99% of the time results in "bad things happening". YOU need to start finding friends and men you want to be your friend and are not looking to get into your panties. Falling back on the dubs is simply jumping out of the pan into the fire. My suggestion is to get counseling and find "true friends"...

• sinis
    sinis

I don't have any advice or words of wisdom - other than to say that I am having issues with the terms 'worldly' and 'the truth'.

I am no longer a JW - but do not consider myself 'worldly' - nor do I consider others not JWs to be 'worldly'. I consider them to be people - plain and simple.

Yes - there are bad people - and there are good people - some people belong to a religion called Jehovah's Witnesses - but most do not.

Most of all - ones' personal approach to life will affect ones' outcome. If one approaches it with a 'negative' attitude - most likely - one will have negative experiences. If one approaches it with a 'positive' attitude - most likely - one will have positive experiences. Also - negativity mainly attracts negative people - positivity attracts positive people. Not sure this bit makes sense... but it has worked for me.

Ok - so I lied. I gave advice - when I said I had none.

Good Luck,

Jim TX

AMEN!!!!

• reniaa
    reniaa

I think I find everyone comments fair and well thought out accept possibly sinis's yours have me wondering if I said the same things were done by witnesses you say 'those terrible people' but because I say they happenned from people not witnesses you say 'it's my fault' hmmm.

Other posters are right and I am up-front in my feelings of temptation to go back to JW's atm but i'm not jumping head first because i'm suspecting my motives after recent unhappinesses, so hense why my sister said post on here and get some real info.

For those that mention trying other christian faiths, I have certainly tried but I just can't get past the Cross 3=1 thing I researched and researched it, it just isn't biblical. One thing I will say is I love the bible :) I just find christianity cannot live upto it :( even ghandi saw this and he didn't believe in God!

“If Christians would really live according to the teachings of Christ, as found in the Bible, all of India would be Christian today.” Mahatma Gandhi quotes

Thank you again everyone, your interesting informative replies have been thought provoking.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Reniaa, you're an interesting gal to know. I hope you stick around a while and keep questioning, questioning.

• Zico
    Zico

Reniaa,

Welcome to the board, I do hope you stick around.

The message JWs preach is different to the one Paul preached:

"Now I make known to you, brothers, the good news which I declared to you, which you also received, in which you also stand, through which you are also being saved, with the speech with which I declared the good news to you, if you are holding it fast, unless, in fact, you became believers to no purpose. For I handed on to you, among the first things, which which I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that he was buried, yes, that he has been raised up the third day, according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve." 1 Cor 15:1-4

He mentions nothing here about a Paradise Earth, or coming Armageddon being included in the "good news" or even no mention of "the Kingdom". Do you know what Paul said about people who preached a different "good news" to him?

"However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to you as good news something beyond what we declard to you as good news, let him be accursed. As we have said above, I also now say again, Whoever it is that is declaring to you as good news something beyond what you accepted, let him be accursed. " - Galations 1:8,9"

Even if an angel declared a good news different to Paul's he should be accursed! Paul felt so strongly about this, he said it twice! If an angel from heaven should be accursed should not the Society?

On the contrary, Jesus specifically warned to stay away from such 'end-times' messages:

"He replied: "Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and, 'The time is near.' Do not follow them." Luke 21:8

What's the point in all their preaching work if they're preaching an accursed message? A message Jesus himself told people to avoid?

• reniaa
    reniaa

I hope so jgnat :) and your replies were good too, I think with your partner trying to get reinstated you probably know better than most were my thoughts are at atm :) but I am a questioner as you noticed and will not accept people saying "don't do it because JW's are bad people" I think I would need more than that lol

To the guy posting below you i'm a bit rusty on the "End of days teaching, paradise earth" teachings of JW's it has been 10 years and in reading the bible again i'm only upto Judges atm :) but you make a good point I will certainly be exploring that eventually. they are not the only Christian faith who think we are living in the "times of the end" atm though, there are quite a few at my last research.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit