JK666, you're a bad azz rascal!

• JK666
    JK666

MsMcD,

Some things never change!

JK

• dinah
    dinah

I like bad-ass rascals, even married one!

Assemblies were kinda fun just because you got to see other people. I was always plastered by Mom's side and never go to go out and do anything. We lived close enough that we just went to the meeting part them drove home. Got home at 7 p.m and left out at 7 pm the next morning. Hey, it was cheaper than staying in Birmingham.

Almost makes me wanna go to Birmingham and hang out with the "bad" dubs after the sessions.

• freetosee
    freetosee

Aphrodite, I remember fun moments...but also the pressure of having to sit still for hours and days with no ending. Didn't the conventions last a whole week?

Wow playgrounds, we never had those...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The worst thing I did was decide to stay at home at the motel or even talk my exhusband into not going to the convention at all. They just took too much out of me.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

LOL @ JK666.

Sounds like you had the same kinds of assemblies we had in Vancouver, BC. The teen parties were so bad, Bethel actually had a special judicial committee set up that was investigating for months, taking names. There were groups of teens, many elders kids, who were so much worse than "worldly kids". Some were stoned at the assemblies. Some were the school drug dealers.

It was the same group of a hundred or so teens, from congos all over the lower mainland, the latest party would spread by word of mouth, usually at the assemblies, a hundred would show up, party like it was 1999 and the elders would be chasing everyone down and cleaning up the mess for months. Almost everyone I grew up with from that time was eventually df'd, including myself.

Aaah the late 70's and early 80's. Those were the days!

Cog

ps: Come to think of it, I think we were responsible for ruining it for future generations. It was right around that time, that they started laying down the law, must sit with your parents, no leaving the grounds, no eating out, no after parties. Everyone home and in bed by 9pm. Oh well, the rest of you missed out on some fun times. FHN, you would have never got invited to parties with that attitude!

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Oh don't worry JK ,I caught up in the fun department, that is, after the bothers used me as a scapegoat for the sins and inequities of their own sons and daughters. With, my dad's utmost help and permission in a public way. I could write a book about the outrageuos and evil things done by those pointing a finger at me. They made my life, feel like Tabloid fodder.

Tabloid pressure works both ways, just like shunning. They are both two edged swords. The only difference is, most printed stuff in tabloids is made up of rubbish...... while 98% of all the vile things, written about the Watchtower, on this board, is true. Hows our bad news board, doing for you guys in Crooklynn? Are we getting under your skin? I sure hope so! You deserve it.

Give me my family back, the twenty years you took from me and 100 million dollars and we'll call it square. What d'ya say? No wait, I just consulted with Dr. Evil, he says "a billion" in todays money. I sure hope you have some left over, after your finished paying for thousands of pedophile suits.

It was an awful, hopeless, and unfulfilling life growing up this way. Every single rule was followed, and there were no rewards for anything. People with such a heavy hand, ought to be extremly wary, that they don't fall out of line. I'll be waiting like a Roman emporer at the colloseum, to trumpet their inequity, and hail their downfall. Speaking of the Colloseum ( Back to assembly fun) For me, the good old days that wern't. Party On ! Sorry for the misplaced rant it just came out.

• Aphrodite
    Aphrodite

LOL JK lots of guys got up to all kinds of things.

Dinah, I married one too!

When the DC was on we would go to the Ice Skating rink after the session, all of the "young ones" would meet there and it was time to strutt your stuff. The Ice rink would play music and there was limbo, it as so much fun. I met a few of my JW boyfriends there. There was hardly any adult supervision, the adults seemed to think having the pioneer teenagers there was good enough.

Once all of the boys got into a fight with the ice hockey guys that policed the rink, my cousin was terrible with picking fights, he loved it. My now husband was there too, he was always ready to back up his friends. Funny I never thought we'd end up married.

We had the JC's too afterwards and the witch hunts as the elders tried to nail down the bad apples. lol

Those were the days, lmao, so funny what we did and got away with. My best friend was a pioneer, she was sleeping with my Uncle and also with her wordly landlord. OMG I was stunned when I found out, she eventually got DF'd.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Mid 1980s they were fun - tha tis 20 years ago or more

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

There were the haves and the have nots. People like me were used as scape goats when the big shakedown came,after Raymond Franz's escapades. I was in a vulnerble position because my folks didn't see fit to stand up for me. They regret it now, but it was people like me, that took the heat off your asses! I"m the one you want! It was me! I did it! Don't look over there, I'm the one that needs redemption! I am the guilty one.

Oh,how they must have laughed inside ,thinking how clever and deceitful they were. It's not over yet, and the elders that are still alive,now fear me,as well as those that know,I know about their deeds. The abuse went on for so long,it almost became a running joke. When I finally disappeared, they found another sucker, who's father was a nobody. He was a great looking guy with a promising career as an international model. They told him to quit his ambitions, and sat him at the back of the Kngdumb hell for 15 years. I swear to God, know one to this day knows what he did wrong. My cong always looked for guys with promise, to be made an example of,but it especially helps when your father is shining their shoes like a good boy. He took the heat. No one else! I could write a bound volume of all the outra geuos shit this cong,with its elders,daughters, and sons were doing. We were just on the wrong side of the law is all. Thats the way it worked where I come from anyways.

As if I give a shit that they are going to ignore me now. I missed graduations, weddings,funerals and life at large. I can't miss anymore,bring it on,and watch your asses, the next elder I meet, might be met with a fist,instead of a dialogue. All or nothing. Trust me,you elders don't want me around in your old age. You started it, and I'll finish it. The kind of fun you guys gave me,can only be equalled with a prison sentence or a graveyard.

Dang here I go again. Must be havin one of those days. Sorry back to the "fu n times"at assemblies.

To tie this back into the topic, fun just depends what side of the law your on, how deceiful you are, and who's shoes your shinin. Still I say, I'm the one you want, it was me. I demand immediate arrrest and a lengthly prison stay. It is my right as a citizen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit