Remember when assemblies were fun?

by Aphrodite 107 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Not really.

Especially when we had those looooong 7 day assemblies at Yankee Stadium in New York when I was a kid and you were praying for rain to cool things off. And then Bro Franz would talk and talk and talk at the end (9PM) of the convention. And then subway rides, busses, etc to get home.

But then the hot food (65 cents) in one of the tents was pretty good when you were a kid.

Rub a Dub

• d
    d

Conventions were okay for me when I was younger.But as I got older they older seemed mundane and boring.I never really like I fit in with everybody anyway.

• St George of England
    St George of England

I have some good memories of assemblies when I was a teenager. Twickers in 1963, met a really nice girl from Leeds, still have her photos. About a year later she did a runner, wise kid! I often wonder what became of her.

Circuit assemblies in Nottingham, Broad Street Hall or the Tudor Cinema, very dark up on the back rows!

George

• bigmac
    bigmac

i was at twickers in 63, didn't we all doss down in large "all male " tents in piles of straw? & weren't the latrines something?

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Just when I was a teenager and my friends would always talk a couple of young Sisters to walk the Streets of Providence instead of Partaking the Fine Spiritual Food that was so Lovingly Provided by the WTS.

Ashame the Sisters always would admit they sneak out..... tried to show them the way of the Lie!! but these JW Teenies were so honest.... but they were fun away from the Parents LOL... Let me tell you about your little Princess.

Once the Girl Chasing was over ..... so was the Fun of the Assemblies.

but some nice memories. Leave Hotels rooms empty during the day?? What a waste LOL.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I remember some fun experiences at assemblies back in the 50's and 60's.

We used to have them at places like Masonic temples in Cleveland and the building it was in was very old

and neat. I remember as a preteen running around and playing at the assemblies.

And they used to have pretty good food back in the day.

Once I became a teen then an adult the assemblies were torturous and boring.

And the food got bad.

• St George of England
    St George of England

bigmac - We actually had our own tent. It was an ex-army camouflage bell tent! After the assembly we used to spend the following week on the south coast, Brighton and Seaford.

George

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

The only fun assemblies I remember are when I was a kid, and it was fun to stay in motels and go swimming. And then as a teenager it was fun to cruise the corridors looking to meet girls. Other than that, they were pretty much a drag..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit