What are your Guilty Pleasures of a geeky/nerdy variety?

by Crumpet 100 Replies latest jw friends

• yumbby
    yumbby

I like lots of nerdy stuff. Fantasy/Sci Fi books and conventions ( My husband is a cover artist for these sort of books), Buffy, Angel, Firefly, all the news I can get including NPR, Lord of the Rings, and Gaming! Especially Elder Scrolls/Oblivion, online Role Playing. wow. I really AM a nerd.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Masters of Science Fiction

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

Hmmm, let's see... Anything that has to do with Star Wars! So far I have read 52 SW novels... My fave character is Boba Fett. I even have a Boba Fett tattoo on my arm! I also collect the Star Wars Lego sets.

Just yesterday my wife got me the Mighty Muggs-Boba Fett figure! It's standing on my desk right now...

I also enjoy my Playstation 3 inmensly...

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Masters of Science Fiction

Very well done, though paced very slow for today's MTV generation. This is what the new Outer Limits should/could have been.

Cancelled after four episodes shown, 6 episodes were at least written an promoted. Originally shown on ABC. Maclolm McDowell was a delight (though a little scary, too, as he usually is).

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Oh...one more thing, perhaps not a surprise, but unusual.

I collect Andre Norton first editions as well as Groff Conklin collections.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

• Computer games
    • Reading tech manuals like novels
    • Going to bestbuy to gawk -- at hardware -- computer hardware -- and the other kind too -- if she's hot -- or not -- basically just breathing is fine
    • Taking my laptop everywhere
    • Knowing every HOTSpot withing a fifty mile radius
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I love English mysteries, I read them, watch them on "Mystery" on PBS and mystery shows on BBC America (when I have a subscription), and now I'm downloading podcasts to my iPod. My ulimate geeky/nerdy pleasure is my hubby...yeah he's a nerd, was a nerd when I met him and is still a nerd to this day...my nerd. I don't have a pic on my computer of what my hubby looked like when I met him almost 17 years ago but here's a youtube link of a group called Tony!Toni!Tone! who were popular around the time we met and the lead singer looks just like my hubby did then...watch for the scene when he's getting into the cab...that was my hubby to a T: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yNibj8LW-Q&feature=related

Josie

• inkling
    inkling

legos.

[inkling]

• avishai
    avishai

Oh, man, I'm a nerd of the first water. What DON'T i do that's geeky?!?

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I love sci/fi, other than that I am not a nerd at all just way cool. LOL

I love Star Wars, Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, Twilight Zone, Outer Limits, Logan's Run, Soylent Green,all of theTerminators, and The Matrix.

I love plots involving space travel, time travel or cryogenics, anything with a twist really.

Right now I am addicted to "Heroes". #@%^ writer's strike!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit