What are your Guilty Pleasures of a geeky/nerdy variety?

by Crumpet 100 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Computers, cell phones and just about everything techie.
    I love geeks, remember!

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Yea I play Scrabulous like all day!! Add me so we can play a game! just search for Jonathan Burger.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    Mytsery Science theatre rocks!

Watch the Masters of Science Fiction series showing on Bravo on Monday nights. It's really good - proper actors, written by the world's greatest sci fi authors and introduced and concluded with something thought provoking by Stephen Hawking. I have to record and watch it in segments because it sends me off into spirals of what-ifs like:

what if we had tiny elephants and 6 legged daschunds?

what if we had human-looking landmine detectors that evolved and learnt human qualities?

what if the president did a nuclear strike and started a worldwide nuclear war and only 800 people survived, one of whom was him but he'd lost his memory?

what if humans started sending the disabled into space stations in space....see, this is why I can't get anything done!!!

what if the sexual energy of women in their thirties could be harnessed and could provide pollution free power for the whole world? (Okay that one hasn't been dramatised yet. yeah I know, I'm rather silly.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    "Electronics catalogues. Radios, soldering irons, multimeters, capacitors, diodes. I can sit and drool over that stuff for hours... "

hahahahaha - When I go to coffee on Saturday mornings... I will sometimes take the latest DigiKey or Mouser electronics catalogs with me to 'read' - or thumb through. Always interested in the latest gadgets.

I also get excited - going to an electronics store - one that sells the parts - not the high-tech stuff like stereos. I think I've corrupted my wife - or she has been a geek all along. She also gets excited when we go to a local Electronics supplier... she looks at the kits and such... even buys them. hahahaha

I also like things like bio-diesel - and solar panels and stuff like that. Oh - and high-power LEDs... and flashlights. The brighter - the better. Like my 15-million Candlepower flashlight.

Of course... I never considered it 'geeky', but I've always been a Nerd.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Bah! That show sounds like Bantha Fodder! It can't even match the 3 simple minds of Mike/Joel, Crow T. Robot and Tom Servo!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I love Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. He just comforts the inner child in me.

• DT
    DT

I like eccentric music, especially experimental music in nontraditional tunings. I also like very early preclassical music on instruments like lutes, viols, sackbuts (I love that word), etc. I enjoy watching silent and foreign movies.

• saywhat29
    saywhat29

Oh god, do you have the time? I am a comic nerd, more into Marvel and I can spin into some others; don't really feel the DC universe but I can pick up an issue here or there and feel them. My special love is for the X-Men. *sighs*

Matter of fact, I have written fanfiction for it (And you get 100 Awesome Geek points if you know what fanfiction *is*) and I still (and by still meaning that since I was a sophomore in high school and am 21) role play X-Men online. My friends and I pick the characters, map out story arcs and write out scenes.We live in our own little effin' world. It's quite sad.

But god I love it. And I actually getting into college basketball and football. It's really weird because I waws a big geek and sports were so not my thing. Maybe 'cause the guys are beefy and hot but now.. the game actually interests me now... *shrugs*

Now I'm gonna have to go out and play it or something... *gets inhaler*

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Claiming my 100 geek points saywhat! DT - what are sackbuts?!!! I like listening to late 1970's folk (Fatfreek can back me up there I think), but I don't know what sackbuts are?! On that note - anyone remember Roger Whittaker? Well I have a secret pleasure in his whistling. You know its sad but true.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

DT

I've been to see these perform their Christmas repertoire the last 3 years!

http://www.waits.org.uk/york/index.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit