What are your Guilty Pleasures of a geeky/nerdy variety?

by Crumpet 100 Replies latest jw friends

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Matchbox & Hot Wheels, old ones.

Battlestar Gallactica.

Fanfiction.net. . .just a reader, not a poster, handy when your best tv shows are on hiatus.

• dkeithia
    dkeithia

My guilt pleasure.... the only thing I have ever found to sum up all the nerdy and geeky things I like is:

www.fandemonium.org

So much so that I started volunteering my time.

LH

• KenseiShimonzu
    KenseiShimonzu

As some already know...I love "subbed"Anime,prototyping,modding stuff,just about anything electronic(former RadioShack junkie),building PCs,generally building stuff,working on cars,etc...and as a kid,used to love reading encyclopedias in my spare time,which is why i usually had the highest scores on any test i took,despite the fact that i never studied for them._KS

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I love PBS or Public Broadcasting Network as in TV. I always loved Dr. Who and Mystery. I loved Are You Being Served? The Vicar of Dibley, Keeping Up Appearences and more. I like the 80's Miss Marple on the Mystery series. I loved the Sherlock Holmes with Jeremy Brett.

Mom used to watch Monty Python back in the very early 70's and we loved watching it with her. I don't consider it a geeky/nerdy show. I feel it's more quirky. Still love it. Also loved Benny Hill.

• Priest73
    Priest73

oh my damn... I was just about to say Doctor Who!!!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I have an awe inspiring collection of refrigerator magnets. Some of them are very unique. My kids have dibs on them when I pass on. I have collected all kinds of toys. I have the Maddam Alexander dolls from McDonalds, a few Matchbox Cars including a red double decker British bus. All kinds of Star Wars action figures. Just all kinds of little toys. Some of them are Andy's. He asked me to keep them. He wants things around the house to remind me of him and our happier times.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

I'm not a tech-nerd, though I enjoy such electronic toys as I can afford and understand (PDA, emusic.com, etc.)

I'm more of an art-and-history nerd. So:

Gosh, y'all are way geekier than I am. I'm not into engineer-toys, sports, or comic books at all.

g ently f eral

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel
    Anyone else love making lists - or am I going way down the anal retentive route now?

I love making lists! I make lists everyday! I love crossing items off my list! I'm such a dork.

Here, I will make a list right now; I will call it My Nerdy Guilty Pleasures List:

• not being able to stay away from JWD for a whole day
    • Scrabble
    • being so obsessed with the characters in Lost and Gray's Anatomy, I apparently think I personally know them
    • bumper stickers, especially ones that say things like "Talk Nerdy to Me" (LOL)
    • addictinggames.com
    • blogging
    • reading Dr. Seuss books aloud (also, collecting Dr. Seuss books)
    • listening to NPR (I didn't know this was geeky)
    • listening to AM talk radio
    • crossword puzzles
    • proper grammar
    • collecting dictionaries
    • Animaniacs
    • TV sitcom Scrubs
    • learning new words
    • scrapbooking
    • webcam
    • I love spreadsheets!
    • reading cookbooks (I don't really cook very much...)
    • carrying my current read (usually fiction) with me EVERYWHERE

How's that, Crumpet? I love this thread; it's so geek chic!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

me too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit