What are your Guilty Pleasures of a geeky/nerdy variety?

by Crumpet 100 Replies latest jw friends

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

It's not really geeky or nerdy, just something that the people who watch it don't like to admit. But, I will be the adult and stand up and say it, I love the show, "The Girl's Next Door."

• M.J.
    M.J.

Underwater Hockey, or Octopush as it's called in the UK.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underwater_hockey

I love it...

• prophecor
  • Crumpet
    Crumpet

I see - you're all coming out of the closet now!

Burgertime - in my part of the world not liking football is geeky. I also have a huge Simpson's poster in my bedroom right opposite the naked Cindy Crawford picture. (I swear I'm not really a teenage boy honest!)

FHN - I love listening to our national radio stations - Radio 4 especially - it has comedy, quiz shows, gardening programmes, political debates, interviews, feminist discussions, drama and news. Been my favourite since I got my first radio when I was 11 years old and opened up the world to me. I still plug into it in bed when I can't sleep or listen as I wash up or do chores. Very soothing.

Brinjen - yours the most surprising - how funny and cute!

I also love maps - I don't collect as such, but I love the Lord of the Rings map. I have an Elder Scrolls map of Vardenfell on my wall as well as a map of the world.

Anyone else love making lists - or am I going way down the anal retentive route now?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

chatting on JWD

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

I love playing games on my mobile phone. For a 36 year old mother of two I think I should be spending that time more productively but I do it anyway

• Mariusuk.
    Mariusuk.

Hmmm

Star trek, Stargate, Buffy, Dark Angel, Alias, LOST, Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, Heroes, The 4400

as well as chess, backgammon, scrabble

Study astrophysics (as much as I can understand), Watching various history documentaries

Embrace your inner geek

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Ah yes, huge Lost fan also!! Oh and MST3K true nerds will know.

• Mariusuk.
    Mariusuk.

Mytsery Science theatre rocks!

Damn that even sounded geeky

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    scrabble

Ooooh scrabble - love it, love it!

Marius - you do know that facebook has scrabble on it which you can play against anyone else on facebook and chat?

And cookery programmes, can't get enough of them - not all of them but anything with Gordon Ramsey and definitely the Masterchef programmes!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit