active and happy jw

by scumgrief 151 Replies latest jw friends

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Well hello again YoYoMama - just the example I was speaking of. A JW who comes in here with arrogant/haughty nasty little statements & proceeds to judge all of us in here.

Scumgrief - just look under members, then YoYoMama - then her posts. Gives you an idea of why some JW's are so "welcome", along with their viewpoints.

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama
    The real reason 99.9% of JWs stick with it despite the corruption, hypocrosy, etc. They are afraid of death.

Maybe this is what you were afraid of, but to say 99.9%, speaking for 6 million publishers is really outrageous. I'm sure some are afraid of death, but most Witnesses love Jehovah and serve him out of love. We appreciate the ransom sacrifice that Jehovah gave through his son, Jesus.

YoYo just demonstrates his typical JW selfishness here, 'concentrating on his own salvation'.

O.K., so I shouldn't concentrate on my salvation and that of my family? That doesn't sound right or maybe you just didn't think before posting that comment.

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

petty: Don't know what you're talking about, but I love you too. Don't take things so personal.

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

petty: By the way, I'm a he not a she. Yoyomama is just a funny line from Kramer.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

I hope you didn't think that the 99.9% figure was supposed to be 'accurate' - it's called exaggeration for effect ... but whether or not most will admit it one of the main motivating factors in a high-control group (like JWs) is members fear of having a reward removed from them. And JWs have it pounded into them at every meeting that they are not good enough, they must do more, more, more, to MAYBE make it through the big A.

Take away the fear of dying at the big A and the vast majority of JWs would cease to be so active in the religion. Take away the stigma of 10 hours a month that must be reported less you be considered 'weak' (and thus 'bad association' and the loss of social status/invitations) and the vast majority would never go in FS again.

Don't try and sell me on the fact that the majority of JWs do this stuff out of 'love' for God or neighbor - I was a JW and I know how they think. <insert> The average JW dreads going in FS and knocking on doors, dreads preparing for meeting parts, dreads going to meetings. Example is when the weather turns bad and so many get excited because if it snows they might cancel the meeting. Or they take advatage of whatever excuse that sounds good enough to stay home from a meeting. There are some die-hards but the average JW is as above.

Oh, and as to if you should be concentrating on your own salvation, NO, according to the JW belief you should NOT be working for your own salvation. It is a 'gift' from God.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Scum,so dispite the corruption and hypocrosy ect,you put up with it because your sick of death?And you speak(hard to beleave!) for 99% of jws?You support an organization that intends to kill billions simply for not joining up.Your not sick of it,you support it!WHAT kind of sickness is that?

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

"I'm not afraid of death. I'm sick of death. And I speak for 99.9% of jw's when I say that that is why we "stick with it"."

So you chide me for exageration, but turn around and use it yourself - funny.

You say you are sick of death, that's why you stick with JWs. JWs don't have a monopoly on life after death beleifs. Most religions teach some sort of life after death, be it in heaven, earth, through resurection, reincaration, rapture, whatever. In fact, there are several religions that teach the same as JWs, that some will live on earth in a paradise. So JWs are by no means unique in that belief.

But I re-state the opinion I have that most JWs are in fact very much afraid of death. It's pounded into you every meeting, WT, assembly, etc. Do more OR DIE! Join Jah (= WTBTS) OR DIE! Go in FS OR DIE! Go to all meetings (better have a good excuse ready if you miss one) OR DIE! Don't <insert favorite activity here> OR DIE!

It fear and guilt driven. I have never known a more guilty group of people, constantly worrying that 'is this OK to do', 'is that OK not to do', always checking with the elders on everything. And those who were not driven by guilt (like myself) were left wondering if there was something wrong with us because we didn't feel guilty for missing a meeting or watching an R rated movie.

JWs present a front of "Oh we can't wait for the big A" but inside, deep inside you are wondering if you are good enough to make it ...

Oh, and JWs can't be TOO sick of death, they are feverishly awaiting the day when God zaps 6 billion people dead, then lets the bords pick out their eyeballs. Better not get too sick of it yet, cause if what you desire happens, your going to see A LOT of death ...

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

hey a fear factory fan ! - or was that just your pal ? - i was constantly frowned upon by elders for my choice of music - if i liked celine dion then it wouldnta been a problem, but i go for pitchifter, korn, my ruin, one minute silence etc etc

scum - might i suggest you withold any info that might help identify you - loadsa people surf here and you never know when someone with a grudge might make the connection

good to hear from you - i speak only for myself when i say i have found more fellowship and consideration here than any kingdom hall i ever visited

oh and finally - my name comes from a metal track too - any guesses ?

• scumgrief
    scumgrief

Yes Name, all religions have a life after death belief. But the jw's is the only one that seems feasible to me.

Your obsession with the whole "____ or die" is obviosly the result of something that happened to you. I have never in any assembly or meeting I've been to been told that. Or even had that hinted to me.

Yes, I believe that God expects things from me, as the bible says he does. And yes, the bible says if you don't live your life according to God's ways, you are risking your life. That is something that the Bible teaches....WTS didn't make that up.

And I'm sorry if you can't accept it, but all the "stuff" that I do in regards to my worship IS because of love.

scum

• DIM
    DIM

what is your opinion of the affiliation w/ the UN, scum?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit