active and happy jw

by scumgrief 151 Replies latest jw friends

• serenaj92
    serenaj92

I have noticed that 95% of JW women that I have met are on some kind of depression medication. Is there a connection here?

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

Well, I've stated this before, but it bears repeating. Only since I left do I know what it's like to live without depression. For three years straight, now, I wake up happy, and alive. I grew up as a witness saturated with images of death and armageddon and implications that if you're not an extremely good little girl god's gonna kill you and let the birds eat you. My first thoughts of suicide were around the age of 5. One attempt at 13. And depression was definitely the norm in every congregation I was ever ever in. Major depression. Like I said, once I left, nothing even close to depression or imbalance. Also, I still find myself surprised that most of the people out here in the "world" are happy, balanced people. I got so used to being around mental illness as a witness, and strange, autoimmune syndrome diseases (in witnesses, masks for depression, more often than not) it still surprises me.
    So, depression in the org? Like green on grass. Living in a cult sucks.
    Bridgette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit